Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Uploading Product Images
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nxpage
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 02 2007 :  16:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried several path variations in xuploaddirectory and ran Reload Shop Configuration (I've also reset my cache, etc) but it doesn't seem to matter. The application is looking for images in /images/thumbs/ and /images/full/ but there's no way to place the images in either directory the way this xuploaddirectory is set up.

xupload = Yes
xuploaddirectory = ???

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 02 2007 :  16:40:48  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try the folder path without the first forward slash.

This may work better with your configuration.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

nxpage
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 02 2007 :  17:26:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks but that doesn't solve the problem (I did have it without the first slash). The problem is you can't tell it what folder to put it in ... images/thumbs or images/full. It will only dump everything into images/. Yet the application will look for the images in thumbs *and* full and not find/render them.

Edited by - nxpage on January 02 2007 17:27:32
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 02 2007 :  17:38:52  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It doesn't matter what folder you upload the images to. The path to the folder in the image field in the product will be what is used to display the image.

If you are uploading a thumbnail we have created a folder called thumbs however these are only starting points. If you do not want to use our structure you certainly do not have to.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

nxpage
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 02 2007 :  19:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand that. From a user perspective, the only way I see to set the right folder path in the product record is to type it into the field(s) every time (the user has to know what it is). We want the small image to go into /thumbs and the larger image to go into /full (which are both subdirectories under /images) -- the browse/upload feature doesn't allow us to select a sub-folder under /images to organize them into the directories we want (such as thumbs, full, etc). That's very cumbersome and leads to typos/errors.

Edited by - nxpage on January 02 2007 19:01:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00