Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 Restricting products based on products in cart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vpnewbie
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - December 28 2006 :  16:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a user and bigtime fan of vpasp. I was recently hired at a place that needs some work on their store, and almost all of their requirements can be met except for 2 very specific and confounding factors:

1) There are two high-level categories of products that cannot be ordered at the same time. For instance, if they order a basketball, they can't order a football in the same order. Likewise, if they order a football, they can't order a basketball in the same order. They CAN, however, order all the basketball CARDS and football CARDS they want. So, people should be able to order 5 basketball cards, 3 football cards, and a football, but they can't add a basketball to the cart (because there is a football in it already)

2) There is a minimum dollar amount that must be bought, but ONLY of the 2 high-level categories. For instance, if someone orders $5 in CARDS, that's fine. But if they order a Basketball or a football, they need to order enough of it to be $50. So, a customer could order $5 of basketball CARDS, or enough basketballs to cost $50, but they can't order $25 of basketball CARDS and enough footballs to be $25 (this is a $50 TOTAL, but if they order a Basketball, it needs to be a $50 basketball, or enough basketballs to be $50 in basketballs on the order). So it's a product-specific minimum order amount.

I posted this in the "Help me" forum, but received no responses. These complicating factors are difficult, but I've been unable to convince my customer to alter them or lose them entirely in favor of a better store. However, I believe if I can accomplish these things w/ VPASP, it would be an instant sale, because they have tons of other requirements that I KNOW VPASP can meet.

Any ideas or thoughts that I could possibly do this? I'd be willing to tackle these 2 issues in a number of ways (for instance, I'm not dedicated to having popups tell people they can't add a certain product because of some condition, I could potentially just handle making 2 separate orders behind the scenes, without having to tell the customer anything. Likewise, I could handle it via some java popup that checks cart contents before adding the new product, to see if it's a Basketball being added to a cart that already has a football, etc.) Any solution that would make it so I can use VPASP for these guys would be great. I use 5 and 5.5 now, and would love to get the go-ahead to purchase a nice robust 6.0.

Thanks for any feedback, suggestions, etc.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 30 2006 :  20:18:39  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I have been looking at ways to try and work around custom coding this but have not had any luck so far.

There is just too much logic that needs to be tweaked for it to work.

It can certainly be done but it will need customisation.

You can either send us an email to http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp with your specs and we would be happy to quote on this for you or there are many developers on our forum who also may be abel to assist.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

vpnewbie
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - December 31 2006 :  11:58:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cam:

Thanks for your attention to this, and I appreciate the reply. I will assemble a specific needs email, and hopefully we'll still be able to put VPASP in place here, despite the weird requirements.
Go to Top of Page

vklane
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - July 20 2007 :  19:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To newbie. Where you ever able to resolve the above issue? I have a client who sells items which are log priced in a couple categories. She wants to have minimum purchases for these items. One item sells for $1 (and has 300 selections) and another item with alot of item choices sells for $3, $5, $12 -- she wants a $5 minimum on one item and $10 on the other. i.e. choose 5 different $1 items for a minimum purchase of $5. Hope this makes sense. Using VPASP version 6.5
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00