Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 dynamic content on default.asp home page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

halrau
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - December 23 2006 :  10:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to replace the static html on the default.asp with dynamic content so my shop owner can change the content of the top part of the home page.

I have created a content page with the information I would like. Anyone have a simple way to integrate it into the default.asp page?

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - December 24 2006 :  20:04:53  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2 answers I know of:

1. You've already created a content page so just make your default.asp page redirect in zero seconds to that content page. That's the quick, easy, and cheap way.

2. Big Yellow Zone offers some code that can display dynamic content in a portion of your static page.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

halrau
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - December 26 2006 :  07:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks elammers,

Any suggestions on implementing the redirect? I have used meta tag redirects before but not sure how to implement this on VASP default page which is all include files or static code.
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - December 26 2006 :  07:44:36  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you may be over thinking this. Remember the KISS principle. Just create a new blank default.htm or asp page with the basic code for the zero second redirect. Don't use any of the VP-ASP pages or includes, no graphics, no displayed text. That way the page loads super fast and immediately redirects to your "home" content page.

Remember, this was the quick, easy, and cheap way. There are better alternatives if you want SEO and other details.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

halrau
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - December 26 2006 :  08:59:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, it works. thanks for your help. However, I would really like to have the randomproducts displayed under the home page content section. I'll keep working on it and maybe check out some alternative approaches.

Edited by - halrau on December 26 2006 09:09:11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00