Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Print and Close are backwards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dwilson@apex
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  20:31:45  Show Profile  Visit dwilson@apex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a quick search on this but didn't see anything about it.

The issue is in the shopthanksprint.asp page. I don't know enough to resolve it myself as I have no knowledge about javascript.

The Close and Print hyperlinks at the top of the generated page are backwards. If you click on close it prints and clicking on print closes the window. Not a huge problem, but if a customer clicks on print and the window closes, when they try to reopen it to print using the other button it has lost the session information and they just get a popup window of your main site.

Thanks,

Have YOU made it to the APEX?
www.apexcycleeducation.com

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  20:45:12  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

We could not replicate this problem using our local version.

Please log into our dedicated help desk and supply your FTP and shop admin details so we can investigate why it happens in your version.

Regards,
Michael

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  22:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
emm not sure what version you are using but mine is like this
on shopthanks.asp

Sub ShopThanksPrint
If Getconfig("xprinterfriendlypage")<>"Yes" then exit sub
Setsess "printeroid",ordernumber
%>
<script language="javascript">
//Function to open pop up window
function openWin(theURL,winName,features) {
window.open(theURL,winName,features);
}
// -->
</script>
<b><a href="JavaScript:openWin('shopthanksprint.asp','printer_friendly','toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=1,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,width=640,height=390')"><%=getlang("Langprintorder")%></a></b><br>
<%
End Sub

and it works
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  23:04:29  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

If you open your shopthanksprint.asp, the javascript line probably would be something like
<p align=center><a href="javascript:onClick=window.close()"><%=getlang("langcommonprint")%></a> | <a href="JavaScript:onClick=window.print()"><%=getlang("LangCommonClose")%></a></p>

It suppose to be something like
<p align=center><a href="javascript:onClick=window.print()"><%=getlang("langcommonprint")%></a> | <a href="JavaScript:onClick=window.close()"><%=getlang("LangCommonClose")%></a></p>

It is closing the window when it suppose to be printing because the javascript href for print probably is a href="JavaScript:onClick=window.close() instead of a href="javascript:onClick=window.print()

PS: Kidd that javascript is for the pop out windows

Regards,
Billy

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

dwilson@apex
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - December 22 2006 :  09:16:15  Show Profile  Visit dwilson@apex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is the fixed code. It looks like the onclick-window.close function was switched. I switched them around and it appears to have resolved the issue.

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
<p align=center><a href="javascript:onClick=window.close()"><%=getlang("langcommonprint")%></a> | <a href="JavaScript:onClick=window.print()"><%=getlang("LangCommonClose")%></a></p>
<table align=center width=80%><tr><td align=center>
<%
oid=Getsess("printeroid")
If oid="" then
shoperror getlang("LangShopThanks03")
end if
setsess "printeroid",""
Openorderdb myconn
ShopFormatOrder myconn, oid, "NoAdmin"
%>
</td></tr></table>
</body>

Have YOU made it to the APEX?
www.apexcycleeducation.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00