Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 Paypal Payments Pro issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dwilson@apex
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  19:11:04  Show Profile  Visit dwilson@apex's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wanted to post this information in case anyone else runs into this issue. I was receiving errors getting my Paypal Pro settings to work with VPASP. One of the strange issues was that Visa would work correctly but MasterCard and Amex (American Express) cards would fail giving different errors.

American Express was failing with a 10504 error saying that the card validation number was not correct.

The MasterCard was failing with an error and was saying that the card number was not correct.

The resolution to both of these issues was to ensure that the xcreditcardtypes field has the correct values entered. Valid values for use with Paypal Pro are Visa,MasterCard,Discover,Amex

They are case sensitive and must be exactly as shown above. I hope this helps someone else because I was about to abandon VPASP and or Paypal Pro completely.

Have YOU made it to the APEX?
www.apexcycleeducation.com

Donna
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - December 22 2006 :  11:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you use PayPal (which we have but started out when they were Payflow Pro) then maybe you can help me. Everything now works for us BUT how do I configure VPASP to get the lock key to show on my site?
Donna
Go to Top of Page

mxu8808
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - March 30 2007 :  22:35:35  Show Profile  Visit mxu8808's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, All:

Would you please share us your experience on installing PayPal Pro with VPASP STEP BY STEP for non-teches? There is no info on the earth advising how to integrate Paypal Pro with VPASP.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  03:07:56  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

With the PayPal Pro interface there is a detailed readme file that has installation information plus it has links to a PDF install guide as well:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/PayPalProSDKInstallation.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

saki
VP-CART New User

82 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  01:43:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The detailed Readme file is very slight in the copy of 6.5 addon I just downloaded. Also, the new PAY WIT PAYPAL that has been added to the shopaddtocart.asp for paying directly from the VIEW CART PAGE is not a good idea since shipping and customer information is very perplexing.

ADDING the SDK can be tricky. It requires that 2 DLL's be registered on the server. If you have your own dedicated server following the instructions carefully it works. MXU8808. Are you on a dedicated server or some inexpensive hosting package?

Edited by - saki on May 07 2007 01:43:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00