Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Multiple Products on Shopexd.asp Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

idesignbusiness
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  15:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am customizing the VPASP shopping cart for a client who designs and sells bathing suits and I wanted to know if there is a way to show and sell multiple products on the Shopexd.asp page. Using the "Cross-Selling" feature I am able to display multiple products on the page that are related but this doesn't allow me to have the order buttons and feature for each related product... You can see an example here:

http://www.joiaswim.com/store/shopexd.asp?id=69

Ideally, I would like to create a product group called "Embroiderd Floral" for example... That would include a couple variations of bathing suit tops and suit bottoms that can all be viewed and ordered from one page... The use would select a top style (with the choice for size and colors of the top) as well as a bottom style (again with size and color options) and then add to cart.

Anyone done or seen anything like this? Thanks for any help.

www.idesignbusiness.com
Complete Internet Services for Small Business

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  19:50:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i reckon you will need custom code for that
Go to Top of Page

idesignbusiness
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - December 22 2006 :  09:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, that is why I was posting here to any ideas where I can find that "custom" code. I'm sure I'm not the first person that has had this need...

Thanks!

www.idesignbusiness.com
Go to Top of Page

jimbabwe
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - December 27 2006 :  16:13:16  Show Profile  Visit jimbabwe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you want to use inventory products, which are built in to version 6.0. You can add a product "floral whatever", then create subproducts for that product. the template is held in xproducttemplateinvent

I.e. you can never actually buy the primary product, only the sub products. You can add the sub products as a list of checkboxes, radio buttons, and possibly several other options.

You can see an example here from one of the sites I worked on.
http://www.holidaylighting.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=66

You may also want to check out the "configurator" I don't know much about it, but i believe it's also a part of 6.0, look it up in the knowledge base, as I think it's geared more towards what you want to do. You could use javascript to change the image that's displayed based on the options they choose.

edit: Or you could just program your own form button and have it display in the shoprandom products. Just look what form fields get passed to shopaddtocart.asp in your normal product page and replicate that.

Edited by - jimbabwe on December 27 2006 16:23:20
Go to Top of Page

idesignbusiness
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - December 29 2006 :  12:49:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help. That gives me a great source to checkout.

www.idesignbusiness.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00