Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Pother
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kristinescandles
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  03:10:00  Show Profile  Visit kristinescandles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys I'm new to the VP-ASP but do know mostly HTML and some ASP. But I have never ran across Pother's can some one tell me please what the hell a POTHER!1,2,3,4 & 5 are and do and why are they improtant, and what do they really do. I know by reading the forum's and seening them in the codes but how can I change them and what will I change.Please don't reply with "If you don't know then do mess with them" That's why i'm asking. I'm having a proplem with my USPS where if i use a whole number i'm okay all around. USPS, UPS, Fedex all work just fine. But When I put a .5 or so, USPS comes up with "Please enter a valid weight in pounds." UPS & Feex are fine no problems with them. Please help on one or both
Thank You
David

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  08:30:27  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
POTHER = Product Other
These are built-in "use as you see fit" fields. So by default they are unused, but if you have a need like many of us that customize the product templates, we use those other fields to display additional info.

A simple example would be to add the "enlarged or zoomed" image link or a PDF informational file to POTHER1. Then customize the product template to use the link in that field associated with that product.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

jdb32
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - December 27 2006 :  05:07:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the USPS, you put the pounds in the weight field and the ounces in one of the pother fields, by deafult pother4. So when in the Products table and you add a product, if the product weight is 5 lbs and 5 ounces, instead of putting 5.5 in the weight field, you put 5 in the weight field and 5 in the pother4 (in the Admin this field is Other 4). The USPS can only deal with whole numbers.

Edited by - jdb32 on December 27 2006 05:07:43
Go to Top of Page

kristinescandles
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - January 03 2007 :  17:20:35  Show Profile  Visit kristinescandles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank you all
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00