Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Custom order purchase screen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bbcompent1
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - December 19 2006 :  09:45:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, here is what I'm trying to do and maybe one of you gurus can explain how to do it. Ready? Our company sells annual maintenance renewals based on thier serial number. Keep in mind the systems are all different. The order department is able to provide me with a delimited file export that contains Serial # and Price. This is where it gets kind of tricky. I'd like it so that the customer can login using the standard last name and email OR their serial number. When they enter their serial number, I would like the system to fetch their maintenance item out of a table I've added called serial and add this item to the cart. Has anyone ever tried to do this before? I can import the information that I get, I just need it to interface with the cart. Thanks.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 19 2006 :  10:13:51  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To add something to their cart which isn't in the products table, you can use the add-to-cart-nodb logic, eg:

<a href="shopaddtocartnodb.asp?productname=My+Product+Test+Name&quantity=1&Price=43.50
">Click to Order/a>

see this link which also helps explain how to add items to the cart via urls instead of product-pages etc:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=217&CATE=8

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - December 19 2006 :  12:34:22  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe another option is to use the built-in recurring billing tool. After you do a few tests, I bet you could figure out how to import your starting order and then let the tool do the renewal.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

bbcompent1
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - December 20 2006 :  08:03:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Simon, that is pretty slick. What I want to do is indicate in the hyperlink that the item is subject to tax. I'm in the US so I told the cart to calculate state tax based on the US State. I'd like it to do the tax using the shopaddtocartnodb.asp page. How do i tell the cart to autocalculate the tax into the total?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00