Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Point of sale add-on???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dramagenics
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - December 19 2006 :  08:53:48  Show Profile  Visit dramagenics's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does a point of sale add-on already exist? I would like to be able to take a credit card at the point of sale and have the persons info entered into the data as it is when they order for themselves over the web. I could accomplish this by creating a user that is used only for point of sale orders, but then there is no place for the customer name and email address to be properly entered and merged with the customer table data.

Edited by - dramagenics on December 19 2006 11:36:59

dramagenics
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - January 16 2007 :  15:33:16  Show Profile  Visit dramagenics's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A lot of people have read my post, but no replies. I guess this means that there is no such add-on.

Are there any plans to build one?

Thank you!
Joe
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - January 17 2007 :  07:37:24  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You've probably gotten a lot of views because others may want the same option. Since no solutions provided maybe you could provide a short wish-list and folks could reply with solutions or even develop them.

For instance, I'm not a POS guy and just thinking, couldn't the cashier's station have a small PC with web access running the web store and then the cashier run the sale for the customer. If an email is required, the cashier could put in a fake email.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

dramagenics
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - January 24 2007 :  09:32:31  Show Profile  Visit dramagenics's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the reply Eric.

Does anyone have a simple example of charging a merchant account from a form?

I can create a login that is used only for POS. But, every time it submits it changes the name of the POS to the customer name that I enter. It overwrites any name that I had there previously. So if I enter a transaction for Fred Smith and then enter a transaction for Tom Jones. The only name that is in the data is Tom Jones and his name is linked with all transactions that I have every processed with the "POS" login.

What I would like to happen is to have it store the name and email address if available so that it is linked to the trasaction, so that when I look at the reports it shows individual names of my POS customers.

I am an ASP programmer so I could probably write this myself. I have no experience interfacing with a merchant account other than following the instructions with VP-ASP and was able to set it up with my shopping cart. But, I do not know what the minimum requirements are to be able to send a charge to my merchant account.

The VP-ASP program is so automated, and segmented into include files, that it is hard for me to determine how to charge a card from a form by looking at VP-ASP.

Does anyone have a simple example of charging a merchant account from a form?

Thank you!
Joe

Edited by - dramagenics on January 24 2007 09:33:40
Go to Top of Page

OctaneGuy
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - January 25 2007 :  12:05:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you asking for a Virtual Terminal? My PlugnPay offers this in the Admin panel. I used to have Authorize.net and it too offered a way to process credit cards manually by entering the info into a form.
Go to Top of Page

dramagenics
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - January 25 2007 :  12:53:54  Show Profile  Visit dramagenics's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, that is what I want. But I want the transaction to be entered into the VP-ASP database and subtract from the inventory appropriately.

Does your PlugnPay do this? If so, how do I get the PlugnPay from you?

Thank you!
Joe
Go to Top of Page

OctaneGuy
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - January 25 2007 :  13:09:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No PlayNPay is the name of my gateway--all the orders are stored on the merchant server--so no matter whether the transaction was done through VPASP or virtual terminal, all the orders are in the same place. However that's a function of my gateway. I understand what you are asking though.

I've been thinking of doing the same thing to facilitate processing manual orders over the telephone. I built an ecommerce site that hooked up via Authorize.net. Its simply a matter of collecting the required fields in a form, inserting that into the database, and submitting it to the gateway for processing. I've got scripts that do the LUHN checking and also one that submits and retrieves XML data via ASP, I just have to find them. =)

Go to Top of Page

ibizsystems
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - February 07 2007 :  17:20:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a solution that integrates with Keystroke POS. http://keystrokepos.com The way that it is designed is so that Keystroke manages the inventory and products. It is hard to have a web based POS system, because of the hardware that is required for POS. Cash Drawers, Receipt Printers, Customer Displays, pin pads, etc. Usually swiped credit card transactions are a lot cheaper too.

My website is not very robust yet, but the product can do a lot.

I am working on a version that will work with Microsoft RMS that should be available by 3rd quarter 2007.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

billmrmi
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - April 19 2007 :  14:09:10  Show Profile  Visit billmrmi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From authorize.net, there is a virtual terminal. It looked like in the demo company there was a product called donation, can you use that?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00