Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Navigation in Admin Pages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grahamcrackerscomics.com
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - December 16 2006 :  09:33:16  Show Profile  Visit grahamcrackerscomics.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found the code a few years ago for moving the navigation to the TOP of the page on the customer view of the site -
What I'd like to do now is change it so I have that same TOP navigation (as well as bottom) in the Administration side of the PRODUCTS page.

shopa_editdisplay.asp?table=products

It would save me a lot of scrolling down to the bottom constantly if I could have the basic navigation of [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] Next : Last appear at the top as well.

Has anyone made this change or has it already been posted and I simply can't find it?

thanks!

--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackers.com

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 17 2006 :  19:55:05  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear John,

What version of VP-ASP are you using?

In all versions since 6.00 page navigation links should be displayed at the top(above products table) by default.

Regards,
Michael

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

grahamcrackerscomics.com
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - December 19 2006 :  17:41:22  Show Profile  Visit grahamcrackerscomics.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[red]I am using version 5.5. I should have noted this. Is there anything I change in the code to move it to the top? Or better yet, have it in both positions?

thanks

--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackers.com
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - December 19 2006 :  21:18:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
look for something like this
<tr>
<td align='left'><b><%=getlang("langCommonPage") & mypage & getlang("langCommonOf") & maxpages%></b></td>
<td align='right'><%Call PageNavBar (Mysql)%></td>
</tr>

that is the code where the 1 2 3 4 link is called. i think if you want to place it on top try to find these lines on shopa_editdisplay.asp?table=products

GenerateDisplayHeaderFlat
GenerateDisplayBodyHeader

then under those lines put something like
<table width='100%'>
<tr>
<td align='left'><b><%=getlang("langCommonPage") & mypage & getlang("langCommonOf") & maxpages%></b></td>
<td align='right'><%Call PageNavBar (Mysql)%></td>
</tr>
</table>

good luck :P
Go to Top of Page

grahamcrackerscomics.com
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - December 20 2006 :  12:01:00  Show Profile  Visit grahamcrackerscomics.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Kidd -
No luck on my end. I opened shopa_editdisplay.asp? and only found this call to PageNavBar in the 5.5 version:
Call PageNavBar (Mysql) ' put bottom navigation bar

I couldn't find that code that you mentioned anywhere - nor could I find an occurence of GenerateDisplayHeaderFlat or BodyHeader.

It's a shame - as moving this to the top would certainly be a big time saver. I'm surprised it's such tricky business to change placement.

I appreciate your trying to help!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00