Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Restricting items that can be ordered at once
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vpnewbie
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - December 14 2006 :  19:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all.

I've been using vpasp for 5 years, and am currently on v. 5.5, but will probably upgrade shortly. 6 looks pretty sweet. I'm currently using the Access backend on a Windows box, but for what I'm looking for, it will be SQL version on a Windows box.

I'm wondering if it's possible to ensure that customers can't place one order with particular combinations of products. Sort of like a kit builder, where one item would be unapplicable in that kit, but instead of one kit, it's categories of items, like items from one category can't be combined on the same order as items of another category. In my mind, there are two options of handling this situation:

1) Make it so that when customer attempts to add an item to the cart that already contains an item from the other category, a message pops up and explains that the new item must be placed as a separate order

OR

2) Make it so that when an order is placed with item(s) from one category and item(s) from the other category, VPASP enters them in the back end as two separate orders

Is this possible using VPASP out of the box, or adding modification for an intermediate asp developer, or is it impossible as far as the current users know?

A complicating factor, by the way, is that a minimum dollar amount would be necessary for BOTH. For instance, a total order amount must be $50 or more, but you also can't order both categories to equal $50, it would have to be $50 at least for ONE category, or $50 at least of EACH category. For instance, you can't order Category A items and Categoy B items on the same order, but you also can't order $30 of Category A and $20 of Category B; EACH category must be $50 or more.

Any feedback, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for reading. I'd like to be abe to do this with VPASP. A competing SQL developer has proven that they can handle both aspects; Category A can't be ordered with Categry B, AND orders placed have to equal $50 minimum for BOTH. They have offered solutions to handle both calculative aspects, but I would MUCH rather incorporate the solution I know (VPASP) rather than switch over completely to these SQL guys.

Thanks again all.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00