Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 CAPTCHA OCR Program
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dax
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - December 09 2006 :  22:33:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good captcha ocr progam that works on the contact form?

Cheers... Dax

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 10 2006 :  15:39:28  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Dax,

We are actually looking at including CAPTCHA functionality for the input forms in version 6.5 - the code we will be implementing will be similar to that at:

http://www.webwizguide.info/asp/sample_scripts/web_wiz_CAPTCHA.asp

Thank you.

Regards,
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

dandlyin
VP-CART New User

USA
73 Posts

Posted - December 12 2006 :  05:06:26  Show Profile  Visit dandlyin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a topic about which I want to learn more. What we're after I think is to eliminate people using robots to post data to our forms, correct?
Am I right in thinking that robots would not respond to the setting and reading of the session variables the scripts already use? If so, why not just set one, say "currenturl", and try to read it again before taking any action?
For example, in shopcustcontact.asp, the session variable currenturl is set to "shopcustcontact.asp". When data arrive, we could check that variable against the value we set earlier and take no action if they don't match.
I'm not crazy about the 'hidden characters' approach, which I find annoying on other sites. However, if that's what is required, so be it.
Thanks for comments.
Dan
Go to Top of Page

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - December 12 2006 :  17:10:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the problem with CAPTCHA is accessibility, but then it's so widely used these days; I guess it's ok?
Go to Top of Page

dax
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - December 12 2006 :  23:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Michael, is there a release date for this version as yet?
Go to Top of Page

gupster
VP-CART New User

101 Posts

Posted - December 14 2006 :  16:34:48  Show Profile  Visit gupster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
with the accessibility issue i have seen some sites offer a sound version.

but surley if you have bad eye sight and cannot see the letters how could you see the site?? I dont think it should matter too much. you could just show you email address stating if you cannot use the for please email for assistance, that should cover you.

www.reactionclubwear.co.uk
www.reactionclothing.co.uk
www.reactionlingerie.co.uk
www.reactionvision.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00