Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 File outside vpasp root
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kpollard
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - December 08 2006 :  14:54:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to use the default.asp the came with vpasp, but i want it in the root of my directory. It works fine, but the links are looking in the root and not /vpasp/. I have the install directory defined correc tly, but the error is still happening. Is there something else i need to do? thanks

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 08 2006 :  15:09:55  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you'll need to change all your header/trailer links (and relevant links in the main central panel) to use either absolute full paths, or, better still, use relative paths but taking account of where vpasp is in relation to your current directory.

don't forget to also change the stylesheet include to use the relevant path too.

our multiple-directory addon might be useful, but if it's only for a single file then that might be overkill; worth a look though:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=53

another alternative would be to move vpasp up a level so that all your vpasp asp files are in the wwwroot directory to begin with; depends on the nature of the site/structure though.

that last solution would be my choice; nice and simple.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on December 08 2006 15:25:03
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000