Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Product/Category Display
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mleselrod
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - December 07 2006 :  13:03:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I notice in the online demo that when you click into a category like "men's clothes", all of the products are in a list with a small thumbnail. Then you click the "Click To See More" link and go to a more detailed product page with more info and a bigger pic. I can't seem to get that functionality in my store. I'm first setting it up so I really have nothing to show but I just get that first list of products, no "click here for more" 2nd page with the bigger picture.
Is there a setting I'm missing?
Thanks in advance.
-Mike.

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - December 07 2006 :  14:00:42  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What you are looking for is the "Extended Description". And that layout can be controlled by editing a template, which can be unique to specific products are used globally. Gives you great power in layout control.

Summary Instructions: Go to your products and edit one. Go down to the Advanced Fields and look for the Extended Description Page field. It's probably blank. Just add this "shopexd.asp". Then the field below that is where you can get really creative by using specific template files for certain products. The default template file is called "tmp_product.htm".

Here's one of many links in the online help to read up on this.

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=18

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

mleselrod
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - December 07 2006 :  14:09:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot. That did the trick. I was thinking it was a setting for the category display. I didn't think to look at the products.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00