Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Deferred billing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bbcompent1
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - December 06 2006 :  15:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if there was a way to make the system bill the customer credit card at the time we render our services to them? The idea is to have the system check their card to be sure it is valid and then when they sit in our class, we charge them. Also, I'd like it to allow the customer to cancel their order so they can reserve a different class. Does VPASP 6 offer this function? I have VPASP 6 value with the option pack.

k-otic
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - December 06 2006 :  21:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think this is something you need to find out from whoever u use for your payment gateway. I know theres some that let u just mark an order as authorized til you actually send it and then u can log into their admin and actually process the order.
Go to Top of Page

bbcompent1
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - December 07 2006 :  06:30:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is PayPal Website Payments Pro this way? I was kind of hoping there was a way in the system to allow this so that in the case of web based training, they could reschedule their class if necessary.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 07 2006 :  18:22:04  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You may be able to use deferred billing by either doing it manually using batch processing or by using a modified version of a new module we are working on.

Option 1.
Take your orders manually instead of through a gateway and then store them in a file off web. You could then possibly do a batch upload by class when required by uploading the file to your payment gateway.

This would only work if your gateway supported processing orders by batch and you would need to contact them to assess what format they require the data to be in.

I suggest you store cards off web rather than on your database for security.

Option 2.
Alternatively you may possibly be able to use Verisign to store the cards on their servers and then when the class has been held have someone in admin click a button in our modified recurring billing module to auto charge all cards for that class.

This is a bit of an involved solution and would require some development however it could certainly work for you.

We have a lot of the core code in place for a new module we are developing that allows true recurring billing.

The process would possibly be the student registers for the course and the card is charged a dollar or some arbitrary figure and the details are stored in both Verisign and your database.

In your database the details are stored in the billing table as a once off or even multiple invoices to be made on a certain date. he date being when the class is held.

The product/class would have the date it is to be held and unless admin updates the billing record it will be billed on the day of the class.

This is sent to Verisign in the background and the card billed accordingly. If the student swaps classes or dates then admin can just update the billing record manually so a new date or class is invoiced.

When the order is invoiced a new order is created in the system for your reporting records with a paid or failed flag.

Please feel free to get in touch to discuss whether this is of interest.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

bbcompent1
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - December 08 2006 :  06:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, if I were to use the gateway batch function, how would I do that in VPASP? My idea was to make it so folks can register for their class and we hold onto the CC info until the class date. Then when they attend the class, we process their order and bill accordingly. Does VPASP give those who are placing their order the opportunity to cancel their order before getting charged in a batch processing environment?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 08 2006 :  15:07:41  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The entire process would be manual. So th student would need to let you know they are not attending and you would update the batch file and the orders database to suit.

Not really a solution, more of a work around to get to where you need cheaply.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00