Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Seperate shoppage_header
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SChivers
Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - December 06 2006 :  04:50:03  Show Profile  Visit SChivers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im looking at having my cart and login page using a seperate header to the one that is on the main page. Is this possible and if so how will i achieve this

Lighting is my business

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - December 06 2006 :  19:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the header is being displayed by calling ShopPageHeader, if you want to use a seperate header you can comment that line and replace it with your custom html code
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - December 08 2006 :  23:57:02  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Browsers automatically go to index or default pages in the root directory.
If you have your cart in /shopping folder, then you could have a seperate index or default page in the root that has your login form and have the action="" call send it via the /shopping/yourfilename.asp directive page...assuming that is the folder your cart is in.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute of Higher Learning

[email protected] 425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - December 18 2006 :  21:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I just did this yesterday for a new v6 install, so if you don't have that, you're mileage may vary. Anyways, I did the following:

in shopheaders.asp, there is a procedure (sub) called ShopPageHeader. Copy the entire function (to the first place you see 'end sub' and then paste it below. Call this sub 'ShopPageHeader_Default', or whatever you want to call it. Then edit the line in the sub that says

%>
<!-- #include file="shoppage_header.htm" -->
<%

change this to the template file you want to use.

Finally, in your default.asp, change the the line
<%shopPageHeader%>

to the name of the sub you just created. Repeat the process for the trailer templates if you like as well.
Then just modify shoppage_header.htm to make it look the way you want and save it as
ShopPageHeader_Default.htm, or whatever you want to call it.

Special Thanks to - craig simons who helped me with this on January 16 2006 11:55:14
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00