VPCart Forum
 Seperate shoppage_header
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - December 06 2006 :  04:50:03  Show Profile  Visit SChivers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im looking at having my cart and login page using a seperate header to the one that is on the main page. Is this possible and if so how will i achieve this

Lighting is my business

VP-ASP Super User

373 Posts

Posted - December 06 2006 :  19:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the header is being displayed by calling ShopPageHeader, if you want to use a seperate header you can comment that line and replace it with your custom html code
Go to Top of Page

VP-ASP Super User

260 Posts

Posted - December 08 2006 :  23:57:02  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Browsers automatically go to index or default pages in the root directory.
If you have your cart in /shopping folder, then you could have a seperate index or default page in the root that has your login form and have the action="" call send it via the /shopping/yourfilename.asp directive page...assuming that is the folder your cart is in.

Randy "RC" Corn
Institute of Higher Learning

[email protected] 425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

VP-ASP New User

111 Posts

Posted - December 18 2006 :  21:46:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I just did this yesterday for a new v6 install, so if you don't have that, you're mileage may vary. Anyways, I did the following:

in shopheaders.asp, there is a procedure (sub) called ShopPageHeader. Copy the entire function (to the first place you see 'end sub' and then paste it below. Call this sub 'ShopPageHeader_Default', or whatever you want to call it. Then edit the line in the sub that says

<!-- #include file="shoppage_header.htm" -->

change this to the template file you want to use.

Finally, in your default.asp, change the the line

to the name of the sub you just created. Repeat the process for the trailer templates if you like as well.
Then just modify shoppage_header.htm to make it look the way you want and save it as
ShopPageHeader_Default.htm, or whatever you want to call it.

Special Thanks to - craig simons who helped me with this on January 16 2006 11:55:14
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000