Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crittersmagic
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - December 02 2006 :  16:08:22  Show Profile  Visit crittersmagic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any clue on what this error means?

Add a record 13596

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.1.20-max-log]Unknown column 'Yes' in 'field list'

/shopa_import.asp, line 822

Please let me know

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 02 2006 :  16:12:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

By the sounds of it your data may not be formatted correctly. The field names must match up to the field names in the database table you are trying to import to otherwise you will have errors.

Please review the following faq for more information on exporting and importing:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=65#732

BYZ also have a faq on how to use tabs in your import file as well which decreases the chance of any conflicts. I am not sure where the post is however if you do a search of the forum you will find it.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

crittersmagic
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - December 02 2006 :  16:15:58  Show Profile  Visit crittersmagic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well that is what i would think, but in the .CSV file that i was uploading i got that error. So it took everything above it with out a problem.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 02 2006 :  16:40:58  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, not totally sure what you mean?

If the data is not sensitive you can post a link to your import file here or alternatively if you like you can open a help desk ticket and send it in:

1. Open help desk ticket at https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk
2. You will receive a copy of the your post by email
3. Click reply to this email and attach your import file
4. Ensure the subject remains the same so we can associate your ticket with the attachment

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 02 2006 :  16:49:32  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in case it's any help, here's the link with the info on it for how to import tab-separated files:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=442

most of the time this kind of problem is due to having newlines within extendeddescriptions etc; using tab-separated files would usually sort that out, although it depends on where the data/csv-file came from originally as to how newlines get treated.

if you open the csv file in notepad you'll be able to spot any "incorrect" newlines (ie in notepad one-record should always be on a single line).

using wordpad will give a different view of things as it uses/processes newline characters differently; if you view the file in wordpad then newlines will spill-over to a physical newline (ie you'll see it break), but in notepad you won't see that spill-over and it'll be on the same line.

so, if you see the line spill-over in notepad then that's probably where your problem is.

never edit a csv file in wordpad (or an asp or html or javascript file for that matter) because it will corrupt it.

there are 2 types of internal newlines; line-feed, and carriage-return. if you save a file in wordpad then it'll automatically add line-feed when there wasn't previously one in there (or it adds carriage-returns; I can't remember but whatever it is it does corrupt the file/data).

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you're uploading to a unix/linux server then make sure you set your ftp tranfer-mode to binary instead of auto because otherwise it might have the same effect as editing in wordpad (you'll be able to spot if that's happening, because after you upload the size of the file on the server will be different to the size of the file you've just uploaded-from). If you're using mysql then my guess would be that you're on a unix or linux server, in which case it might well be that ftp/transfer-mode which is causing the problem.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on December 02 2006 17:16:44
Go to Top of Page

crittersmagic
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - December 02 2006 :  20:25:06  Show Profile  Visit crittersmagic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, Just so that you all know, the issue was that there was a number in there that excel was putting in commas. it showed on the file as 1000000 but then excel put in the commas and threw everything off. so i had to make it so that excel did not put the commas in.

Crittersmagic
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00