Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 No return from PayPal- a fix- sorta
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

seroomnz
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - October 10 2007 :  00:01:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam
Don't worry I found it.
Excellent
Steve
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 10 2007 :  00:02:59  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent!

I like support calls like this.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Dubbya
Starting Member

Canada
30 Posts

Posted - October 16 2007 :  10:35:53  Show Profile  Visit Dubbya's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Using ver 6, this has been a major pain since day one.

Thanks for the fix guys!

Great prices on generic inkjet cartridges and laser toner in Canada.
www.inkjetOasis.ca
Go to Top of Page

nadeem
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - October 17 2007 :  15:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by support

Hi Nadeem,

We liked Dan's solution so much we included it in version 650. You can access this feature from within the Order detail page.

It allows you to close an order by sending the emails to both merchant and customer and also update stock levels and other features that require the user to return to the final invoice page after payment.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Cam,

I could not find this feature. Can you guide in correct direction?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

grahamcrackerscomics.com
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - October 17 2007 :  22:46:54  Show Profile  Visit grahamcrackerscomics.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm using a modified version of 5.5. I use paypal pro as my paypal gateway and still have to use Don's fix 2 to 3 times a day on average.

It's frustrating as all get out. Before Don made the fix I had to manually adjust all my inventory off each of these orders - now i just have to constantly check my e-mails to see when an order wasn't 'finished' to make sure another customer doesn't end up ordering product I no longer have! Arggh...

--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackerscomics.com
Go to Top of Page

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - September 07 2008 :  05:40:28  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know this is an old post but its still a huge problem for version 6.09 users like me. The additional big issue for my customers not returning from Paypal is that they never get to see the digital download they just paid for!

I will try installing the code above but I want to also add an unmissable formatted message to the shopping cart page that tells them why they must return. Problem is I cannot work out how to add such a message to shopaddtocart.asp. Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks.

Go4Gold
Go to Top of Page

willy99
VP-CART New User

Italy
108 Posts

Posted - March 10 2009 :  12:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering if this option in Paypal Admin Panel could solve the "no return from Paypal" problems.

"Auto Return for Website Payments
Auto Return for Website Payments brings your buyers back to your website immediately after payment completion. Auto Return applies to PayPal Website Payments, including Buy Now, Donations, Subscriptions, and Shopping Cart."

Edited by - willy99 on March 10 2009 12:58:09
Go to Top of Page

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - March 11 2009 :  16:22:32  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're a star, Willy99!

This is brilliant news and I'm just so pleased you found it for us. This issue caused us pain at so many levels it's just great to have a proper fix.

Many thanks!

Go4Gold

Go4Gold
Go to Top of Page

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - March 11 2009 :  17:46:13  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Almost sorted but not quite. I need to change the message now on shopcheckout.asp as I had added a notice there to say the customer MUST click back to my site from the Paypal page. Problem is I now cannot work out how to change the message back - even though I managed to add this a couple of years ago!

So now the customer sees the following on shopcheckout.asp:

"Press to pay by Paypal" ...

Then my customised message ...

Then the "Pay by Paypal" button ...

Then the "Cancel Order" button"

Anyone have any ideas how I change the blue customised message please? The "Press to pay by Paypal" and the customised message are in neither the edit language section of admin nor as text in shopcheckout.asp.

Many thanks.

Go4Gold
Go to Top of Page

PhilWilliams
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - March 12 2009 :  17:10:58  Show Profile  Visit PhilWilliams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I think you'll likely find the custom message in paypalshopcheckout,asp or paypalipnshopcheckout.asp as that's where the gateway gets its call from...that's how I've got mine set up...
Best,
Phil

Phil Williams
http://www.photosolve.com
Go to Top of Page

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - March 13 2009 :  20:01:28  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Phil,
Many thanks for putting me on the right track. I don't have the files you mentioned in v6.09 but I found it in paypalgateway.asp and I had not thought to look there before.
Cheers.

Go4Gold
Go to Top of Page

willy99
VP-CART New User

Italy
108 Posts

Posted - April 10 2009 :  13:12:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need an Help:

In the option "Auto Return for Website Payments
Auto Return for Website Payments brings your buyers back to your website immediately after payment completion. Auto Return applies to PayPal Website Payments, including Buy Now, Donations, Subscriptions, and Shopping Cart."

In the return url (Return URL: Enter the URL that will be used to redirect your customers upon payment completion. This URL must meet the guidelines detailed below) which file of Vpasp I need to input If I use IPN Paypal?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00