Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Store and Catalog?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - November 26 2006 :  11:09:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I'm building a site for my marina, and I need a general marina info section for info about the marina.No problem there. a store section to sell parts and accessories. No problem there either. But I also need a catalog section to display new and used boats with no price or order function. I'm lost on this one. I wrote htm pages for every model and have links to them on the home page, but this is a lot of work every time there is a model change. I would rather have each boat as a product in a product category (ie runabouts,yachts,used, etc.) Should I set up a second catalog only site and link to it from the original site? Or is there another way to do it? Any ides would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jack

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - November 26 2006 :  13:24:45  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You have 2 options that I can think of. Set up a 2nd copy of the store in a different directory with numerous choices on how to do the database. No my preferred choice. Better I think to use option #2, utilize the templates feature.

So in the category where there are to be no prices, you would use a customized version of the TMP-PRODUCTFORMAT.HTM file and assign that template to those categories. And if you are using extended descriptions, create a customized version of the TMP_PRODUCT.HTM file and assign it to those products.

Basically for both templates, you would simply remove any of the code for the prices and order buttons. Obviously, save both template files with a new name.

Here's a good resource to help.

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=17

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - November 26 2006 :  22:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Eric,
I ended up using modified templates. Works Great. I should have thought of it, But I missed it.

Thanks Again

Jack from New Jersey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00