Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Product Match across 2 or more sites
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joff
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - November 22 2006 :  03:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm currently evaluating VP-ASP as a solution to running multiple (9 or more) branded sites from the one database.

From what others before me have asked on here, I gather it is not possible to use Product Match in the following fashion:

4 sites

Product A is shown on Sites 1, 2, 4
Product B is shown on Sites 2, 3, 4
Product C is shown on all sites

Is there a specific reason for this as we would be willing to consider any solutions available.

In addition...

90% of our products are shared across the sites, but would it also be possible to set specific prices for the product-site instance? The thinking behind this is that we operate both retail and wholesale sites with different pricing.

Eg. (Product A is shown on Sites 1, 2, 4)
Product A - Sites 1, 2 = £100
Product A - Site 4 = £80

Many thanks,
Joff

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 23 2006 :  17:31:07  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Joff,

By default VPASP allows you to match a product to either an individual store or all stores - but not a combination of say 3 of 4 stores.

This is due to the original coding of this feature, however this could be modified to suit your individual requirements.

VPASP performs a direct check of the field in the product which is used to match products to stores, with the setting in shop$config.asp which tells VPASP which store the user is currently in. As such, if the productmatch field in the product table consists of multiple entries, VPASP cannot do a direct comparison and will fail.

Changing the SQL statements in your code from:

productmatch='" & xproductmatch & "'"

to something like

productmatch LIKE '%" & xproductmatch & "%'"

might provide you with the solution you are looking for.

Please note however that this has not been tested and the code for product matching is located in many places within the cart.

Regards,
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

Joff
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - November 24 2006 :  02:42:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your replies Michael.

I've not looked into the code yet however if product match is as standard querying based on:

productmatch='" & xproductmatch & "'"

..then what is the typical contents of xproductmatch when Product Matching is used?
Assuming the contents are "1,2,4" then wouldn't the LIKE term only support sites with an ID of 1-9? As soon as I got to 10 or greater, the LIKE would pick up on the "1" character in "10" (as it's evaluating a string).

From the sounds of it though, I could split the contents of xproductmatch into an array on the "," and build the SQL as:

productmatch='1' OR productmatch='2' OR...

Either way, I think a solution can be had so that's another tick in favour of VP-ASP :)
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 24 2006 :  21:41:26  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Joff,

Product matching allows you to define a unique identifier for your stores. This does not need to be a numerical ID so you are not simply constrained to 10 sites by only being able to use the id's 0-9.

Stores can be identified by any unique string (eg "clothes_shop", "accessories_shop") and as such the "LIKE" query in this case will match correctly assuming you have these as a comma separated list in your product record.

Alternatively, the approach you have mentioned would work equally well by splitting the product match field into an array and looping through to generate OR options for your query.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

jass
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - September 17 2008 :  18:18:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - in a similiar fashion to the posts prior to us we are looking at a multi site (for different brands) approach via the same central database. As we also have both a wholesale and retail sales channel, is it possible to have the same product on sale on the different sites at different prices?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00