Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kristinescandles
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - November 22 2006 :  02:16:41  Show Profile  Visit kristinescandles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all i have multiple items and i need for them to have there own shipping. This is okay but the problem comes in when some gets larger items that do not or will not fit inside the USPS ine rate box. How can i get it so these items will not prompt the USPS one rate box to come up to come up with.
Please Help MMMMEEE
Thank You
David

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - November 24 2006 :  20:18:34  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I had vpasp do some custom work to the shipping routine for me earlier this year when I upgraded to version 6.

Most of my items ship via UPS, but some items ship via a fixed cost and some items have free shipping.

They modified the shipping routine to allow for a fixed shipping cost. Basically the way it works is each product has a field for a fixed shipping cost. If I enter a fixed cost, then when a customer checks out it automatically uses the fixed shipping cost and skips the UPS procedure. If I leave the fixed shipping field blank, then it defaults to UPS and the UPS real-time routine is called. If there is free shipping, then the standard vpasp cart already has built in functionality and it was just a matter of turning it on in the settings. If the product has free shipping set to yes, then all shipping routines are ignored and no shipping cost is charged.

Each item has one type of shipping: fixed cost, ups or free. This is great because I can control each individual items shipping cost.

I am sure vpasp can adapt this to the USPS routine. The rates are reasonable and they work fast. So far, I have had a couple of projects done by vpasp in lieu of third party developers and I have been very pleased. Vpasp has the resources to handle any project, big or small. I have used third party developers in the past, but as they became too busy they didn't want to work with me anymore. So now I only work exclusively with vpasp.

Many of the cusomizations they did, they were able to use my support points, but this one required a quote.

Just send vpasp a message in the help desk and they will take it from there. If they need my quote number to reference the changes they made, I will be happy to provide it through them.

Hope this helps.

Brian Weber
Variety Solutions, LLC
http://www.varietysolutions.com
Go to Top of Page

kristinescandles
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  03:36:59  Show Profile  Visit kristinescandles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi sorry I’m just getting back to read this; I have been going crazy trying to get things done. After the holidays I’m going to overhaul the whole site and fix the bugs. I can understand and appreciate the way you can do shipping but with mine it’s just hard to do fixed or flat shipping. I have too many variables. Each item can ship by it’s self or ship from California or their could be five different items to each order with different weights and some can go USPS Flat Rate and some can’t. What they should do is add a way to restrict the shipping for each item. So you can pick i.e. Item A can ship all but item B only UPS or FedEx. Or if you order up to x items can ship this way or that way. Ya I know too much to do, to many variables. Or if USPS, would give all of us whom ship every where under the Sun special deals as FedEx or Ups.
Thank You
David
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00