Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Integration - 2 Servers - is this possible?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

femsawyer
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - November 16 2006 :  09:18:04  Show Profile  Visit femsawyer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have 2 servers that host my site - one is a Windows server running mysql which hosts vpasp. The other is a linux server running mysql which hosts my forums/gallery/everything else on my site.

Is there any way for me to add a box to my pages on my linux server that will show the newest product added to my store? I'd want it to show the thumbnail of the product (required), and then possibly the name, price and manufacturer.

Furthermore, if the above is possible, is there anyway to pull the exact same info based on a subcategory? I have individual pages setup for each of my manufacturers on my linux server and they each have their own sub-category in my store, and I'd love to be able to add something to their pages where it shows the last 3 products they added to the store.

Thanks for any ideas/help.

Partner/Designer: www.3Scrapateers.com
Digital Scrapbooking - Preserve your Memories!

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - November 16 2006 :  14:07:50  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it should be possible; you should be able to add the shop$db.asp include to your non-vpasp pages, and then open the database and do queries etc from your "non-vpasp" page to show chunks from the product database.

there are 2 addons we've got that might be useful/relevant here:
1) Product Showcases
ie to show your thumbnails etc:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=105

2) Multiple Directories for vpasp:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=53

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page