Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Search Engine Friendly Page Generator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - November 15 2006 :  19:00:41  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our "asp-generator" for vpasp is now finished, and available for purchase. We've bundled it together with various other relevant tools:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=138

demo/sample-output:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/aspgendemo/products/default.asp

(fantastically search engine friendly urls; follow the url path in your browser address line as you browse the demo; marvellous! checkout the "breadcrumbs" it shows too)

For those who haven't been following the thread; over the last year or so people have been asking about a kind of enhanced version of the vpasp html-generator which would generate asps instead of htmls, and which will show dynamic prices etc but on "static" pages. Well, this is it, and it's finally available.

Apologies to anyone who's been waiting a long time for this, but the underlying code to get it as flexible/powerful as we wanted it to be took quite a while to get right.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

(i've recently changed this posting; we now do the install as a separate cost which will depend on your needs/site, so the link is for all the software; if you want it installed/customised by us then let us know via our support area)

Edited by - devshb on December 17 2006 04:30:02

vbmedia
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - December 17 2006 :  04:08:55  Show Profile  Visit vbmedia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone, Food for thought over the Christmas Period.

Recently I bought the SEO generator from Big Yellow Zone, who installed it and replaced the standard HTML output pages generated from the VP cart. Damian did a great job adding some small tweaks here and there and generally integrating it with my current website design.

Although this has only been live on my website for 2 weeks, I thought I would share my experiences and recent results with the forum.

PPC - RESULT! - As many of you will already know, Google applies a quality score to your adwords campaign based on amongst other things, link relevancy to search term, landing page structure and content (plus many more). I set up a test campaign with 1 set of key phrases but two ads with different landing pages. The first landing page was my original dynamic product content page, the second landing page was the seo generated one. So same ad text, same keywords, same bid max price but two landing pages. After two weeks I can say that the seo generated landing page has converted more customer visits to sales and also saved money on the actual click cost. I know its early days for this type of testing but the campaign I was evaluating was actually usuing key words that are currently out of season and not christmas related. In those two weeks I have a measurable improvement of almost 2% for conversions, not clicks....conversions.

I am currently still waiting to measure the results of the natural search engine rankings but I expect they will also improve due to the seo generated pages which my site can now produce.

If you are running a dynamic website and you need to improve your ranking or PPC results, investing a relatively small amout of money in the SEO generator will yield a higher ROI for PPC and improve your natural search rankings (hopefully!).

A big Thanks to Adrian, Simon and Damian for continuing to provide tools and services to help support, develop and improve your VP cart and ultimately improve your website performance. Well done boys!
Go to Top of Page

pmarsh
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - April 11 2007 :  02:40:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon,

I would be really interested to know how you're getting on with your "Asp-generator" as it is something I need to use with a client or they are likely to move away from using VP-ASP.

I am also really surprised how few people seem interested in having this modification considering how important it is to improve rankings and is part of any good SEO roadmap.

Thanks
Peter
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 11 2007 :  05:57:56  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
It's going quite well; we're always looking for improvements though, so if anyone who's got it wants something added/changed or has any general comments/suggestions, then please do let us know; it's one of those addons which will grow as feedback comes in from "real" users, so all feedback is more than welcome.

We've got quite a few pending tweaks that are in-hand and which will be released as soon as they're ready, but we're always looking out for more feedback to make it more useful/simple/relevant to customers.

We've spent a ridiculous amount of internal time developing it, but it's fun to work on for us and now that it's done we'd like to keep it in a constant state of review/improvement by adjusting it according to feedback/ideas that we get/have.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on April 21 2007 05:40:04
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 21 2007 :  05:18:08  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've released a new version of this addon today which has lots of enhancements/fixes applied to it.

If you're on a previous version (ie purchased prior to 21-April-2007), and you want to upgrade, then post a support ticket on our site and we'll email you the new zip (free).

Here are all the relevant links for info.....

ASP Generator Version Changes Info:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/softwareversions.asp#BYZ117V

VPASP 6.5 BYZ Addon Info:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/categorized.asp?PID=11&level=2

ASP Generator Details (for those who haven't already got it) -
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=138

ASP Generator Demo: (for those who haven't already got it) -
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/aspgendemo/products/default.asp

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com