Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Enhancement question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bbcompent1
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - November 10 2006 :  21:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, here is what I'm trying to do and maybe someone can steer me in the correct direction. One of my categories is online training where I offer up to 10 seats to be sold at a time for a class. Now, what I'm trying to do is have the system ask for the name, email, and password for each seat at the time they are about to process their order. So for sake of argument they select 3 seats. When they go to complete their order, if the category matches online training, they are presented with a small table with the name, email, phone columns with three rows, one row for each attendee. The number of rows would be directly tied to the number of seats they wish to purchase. Any ideas where I could embed this new peice of functionality? Thank you in advance. Yes, I am an ASP developer, I just need a little advice :)

bbcompent1
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - November 22 2006 :  07:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This must be a tough questions since no one has yet posted an answer. Oh well, when I figure out how to do this, I will post information on how it is accomplished. I suspect it has something to do with using the minicart display. Perhaps if I catch the information from the minicart in session variables, maybe that will do it? I'll keep everyone posted.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 22 2006 :  12:52:45  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

It sounds like you may need to create a new table and have this data added to this when the order is successfully completed and use the order id as the reference.

It is a reasonably complex requirement and will have to be coded from scratch as there are no "hooks" in the system that you could really use as a base for this unfortunately.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00