Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Centering website within external table or div
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cara Rees
Starting Member

Australia
36 Posts

Posted - November 09 2006 :  17:34:57  Show Profile  Visit Cara Rees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with centering a website winthin an external table or div. I want the header, trailer and content to fit inside, rather than it taking up the full screen.

Best regards
Cara

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - November 09 2006 :  21:18:09  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First, save a backup copy of your SHOPPAGE_HEADER.HTM file, then open it up for editing. Find these 2 lines.

<body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
<table width="100%" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0">

That table tag is the outermost table for the cart, therefore, it is what currently makes the cart auto stretch across the screen.

So all you need to do is change the width="100%" to something else like width="760".

If you want to nest this inside something else, then the close tag can be found in the SHOPPAGE_TRAILER.HTM file.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

mikelane
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - November 25 2006 :  13:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric,

Would you mind going into a little more detail regarding inserting vpasp inside an external html. I have created a blank page in dreamweaver with a simple border and empty table cell and would ideally like to have vpasp nested inside it.

Almost like vpasp have done with this forum script.

Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - November 25 2006 :  17:05:47  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For what you want, the 2 key files are SHOPPAGE_HEADER.HTM and SHOPPAGE_TRAILER.HTM. VP-ASP support posted this helpful trick once that I learned. Open up a blank HTM page in Dreamweaver; delete all the default code in Code View so there is absolutely nothing in that file; then paste the raw code from the 2 HTM files above into this blank file.

Now you have a file that you can look at in Design View and do what you want, and see the results immediately.

Once done, go back to Code View and look for the following lines:

<!-- END SHOPPAGE_HEADER.HTM -->
<!-- START SHOPPAGE_TRAILER.HTM -->

Those 2 comments should have no code in between them. And by reading what they say, you can obviously guess that everything above the END SHOPPAGE_HEADER.HTM comment line gets copied back into the SHOPPAGE_HEADER.HTM file. Same for trailer.

Now you've got your newly designed SHOPPAGE_HEADER.HTM and SHOPPAGE_TRAILER.HTM files.

Depending on what you're doing and if you are careful, you could use the outermost table that is already in the 2 HTM files. That's what I've been able to do so far.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

mikelane
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - November 26 2006 :  11:35:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool, thanks for that, i'll have a play.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00