Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 Version 6.50 in planning now!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - January 03 2007 :  08:18:04  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage
And since I'm starting to look at numbers now (IRS tax purposes):

How about a simple way to bring up orders so that I can bring up sales by state and date sold?

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 03 2007 :  16:23:11  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage
Thanks everyone for your input.

We have now completed our list for the new version and are deep in testing currently.

We are looking to release the new version in February 2007 and we are sure you will be excited by the new features and functionality that have gone into the upcoming new release!

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

jloberg
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - January 04 2007 :  09:56:05  Show Profile
Not sure if it is to late to make a suggestion, but the cart I used before, had "Working Name" as an option on several things, example Product Features, I may have shirt size and that is the display name the customer should see, but when I am on the administration side I need to see a working name so I can give more detail in the working name to help uniquely identify different Features 'groups' that have the same display name. Right now you have to know the ID # and for my customers that is to hard for them.
For example;
(ID 1) Display Name = Shirt Size; Working Name = Shirt Size up to 5XL
(ID 2) Display Name = Shirt Size; Working Name = Shirt Size up to 2XL

This would be helpful for;
Product Features
Discounts
Products (Not as important but it has been an issue once or twice)

Basically anything the customer sees, it would be VERY helpful if we as administrators had another way to name that record.

Also regarding Product Features my list is VERY long, and would be nice if there was a 'roll up' screen that you click on to be able to add / remove / change features. This could also alleviate the need to manually enter FeatureNum.

The other thing is better way to sort items in Product Features. For example I have shirt sizes (again) Small, Medium, Large, X-Large and I need them to appear that way (I coded 6.00 to use the Other1 field as sort order), I read some hints and suggestions about going in and changing the code to sort by different field name (hence where I got my idea) but if I sorted by anything except a different field (like Other1) it did not support addition or changes to the features down the road.

Also see my post I made about discounts, I often have items that have a $.05 or many under a dollar. I changed the code so that if it was a negative # entered it treated as a Percentage discount anything else is a physical discount.

Sorry one last thing, I have a customer who has issues calculating a discount amount (example reg $5.43 and they want the price to be $4.87) they do not want to have to do the math to come up with $.56 that needs to be put in the field. Right now I have them use a spreadsheet, but they say it is ridiculous, so I thought I would mention it. I see the reason you do it now, and I see their point, maybe there could be a check box if it is a physical discount or discounted price shown (on the discount entry screen), if it does not become part of 6.5 I will end up having to code it myself to keep them happy, but I am sure I am not the only one that has customers like this - lol.

If any of this is confusing feel free to contact me, HOPEFULLY if these changes are not in the new version they will be considered.

Thanks,
Jerry

Edited by - jloberg on January 04 2007 10:12:09
Go to Top of Page

StevenWWinters
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  14:28:29  Show Profile
The functionality in the thread below would also be useful:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6020&SearchTerms=training
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  15:09:30  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage
Have posted a reply as to how you can achieve this using the projects table.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Doug Page
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  15:56:12  Show Profile
I would definitely like to see more CSS in the site. Or is that slated for a ver. 7?

Thanks,
Doug
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  17:49:28  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage
The new release will use more CSS. We are closing this topic now as the list has been finalised.

We will be posting a page of what has made it in shortly.

Everyones input has been great and it is appreciated by us here at VP-ASP.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)