Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Empty Cart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

softnsafe
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - October 24 2006 :  17:52:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

We have a problem with the shopping cart. Our server has about 150 visits every day. We just start to using VP-ASP shopping cart. The problem is when customer select products and add them to cart. And also login or sign up with new account. When they go to checkout page, the cart content become empty and same as account infomation. Is that because we are using shared server? Or it's software problem? Please help. Thanks!

Regards,
-Vickie

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 24 2006 :  18:39:37  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It looks like it's an intermittent problem (ie it's working at the moment). Most of the time it's down to the host not giving your site enough memory, or other sites on the same server using too much memory, either way if memory is the issue (which it most likely is) then it's a hosting problem.

On a shared server that's properly hosted, 150 visits a day should be absolutely no problem. If I were in your shoes I think I'd contact the host and get them to investigate, and if they don't give you a decent answer I'd then jump host; no need to get a dedicated server unless you have many thousands of visitors a day.

There are 2 hosts which are good in my experience; webecs.com and alentus.com. My personal preference is webecs.com.

We've gone through 100's of hosts in our time, and those 2 keep coming up as the only 2 truly reliable/decent/well-supported hosts that use shared servers.

Note that your host might try to divert you telling you that it's due to memory leaks in the software; if they say that then don't believe them; jump host instead and try it with someone who's got their server setup properly.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on October 24 2006 18:42:01
Go to Top of Page

softnsafe
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - October 28 2006 :  23:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much. We've switch hosting company to Webecs.com