Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 SQLServer & IIS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - October 18 2006 :  08:36:34  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My site has changed from using an Access database to an SQLServer one (many thanks to Simon of BYZ).
I also used to run it on my local PC using IIS v5.1 but it won't work since the migration to SQL. IIS may not be set up to access the SQL database on the remote host.

1. Please can anyone advise me on how to setup IIS for use with SQL on the remote host?
2. Can anyone tell me if I can still back up my database somehow?

Grateful for any advice, thanks.

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - November 06 2006 :  08:20:12  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm still struggling on the IIS issue but I really need to know about backing up my data. Can anyone out there offer any advice?
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - November 06 2006 :  11:09:00  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't remember where I got it, but I have the SQL Server client tools on my desktop. One option available to me is an Import and Export tool. So depending on what access your host allows, you could use this export tool to export to a local Access DB or to another SQL DB on another SQL server. It's a very straightforward wizard and runs very fast once you kick off the export.

If that won't work, perhaps your host offers some web-based SQL tools for exporting. For instance, one of my clients is on GoDaddy's hosting. I cannot connect directly to their SQL server from my desktop but their web-based SQL tools have been sufficient for importing, editing and exporting.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00