Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Features Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

caseplace
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - October 14 2006 :  21:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I update the features link found on the default.asp home page? I can't seem to find the right file.

When I try to delete the langproductfeatures from the admin area it won't delete out.

I either want to delete the page or update the page with different information than the information that is pre-populated in there.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 14 2006 :  23:23:36  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi rthere,

Yo ucan update this by into the admin and to Occasional Tasks.

Then go to Navigation and select Site Menu Setup.

You will be able to remove the menu item from in this section.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

caseplace
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - October 15 2006 :  08:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've already tried that many many times even from different computers. I get to that point where it asks me if I want to delete the page and I have the option to chose "yes" or "no" I choose "YES" and it seems as if the page is going to refresh and then it doesn't. So I click the back arrow on my browser and it takes me back to the site menu setup screen but its still there. I also click on "reload menu" thinking it would delete after that and it doesn't. Any other suggestions. Sounds like a programming issue of some sort that I'm not familiar with.

So if I want to add information to that page so customers see features of my product instead of the following.....what file should I update?

Features

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This page is where you provide your customers with information about your products. it provides an excellent opportunity for you to highlight the key benefits of your products and what sets them apart from their competitors.

To follow is an example of the information VP-ASAP provides to its customers. This will give you an idea of the kind of information to include.

quote:
Originally posted by support

Hi rthere,

Yo ucan update this by into the admin and to Occasional Tasks.

Then go to Navigation and select Site Menu Setup.

You will be able to remove the menu item from in this section.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Edited by - caseplace on October 15 2006 08:59:29
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 15 2006 :  18:40:05  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To modify the link in the top menu it sounds like you may not have read/write permissions applied to the Editor folder.

Please contact your host and ask that they set READ/WRITE on the Editor folder and this should fix the problem.

To edit the text of the page itself go into your admin and go to the Content section in Occasional Tasks.

The following FAQ details more on this:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=50&cat=Dynamic+Content

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)