Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Plus version does not work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

frank Cochrane
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - October 08 2006 :  08:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All,

I have just replaced the demo version on my ISP's test site with the Plus Version (I don't have a local set-up as I am working on a Mac).

I have made my adjustments to config page and then received error messages - I have gone through database tests and it indicates a write error on the database. as below

Welcome to the VP-ASP Diagnostics Centre. This tool will help you diagnose any problems with your database settings, email settings and file permissions.
Reading E:\InetPub\********\htdocs\tempus_shop\$license.txt PASS!
Reading E:\InetPub\********\htdocs\tempus_shop\images\shim.gif PASS!
Reading E:\InetPub\********\htdocs\tempus_shop\database\shopping600.mdb Path not found

Whilst in the process of writing (I've gone back to check the error message) it now seems to be working - IS THERE A TIME LAG THAT I SHOULD BE ALLOWING AFTER EACH ADJUSTMENT FOR IT TO TAKE EFFECT.

Does anyone else experience this or is this something peculiar to my set-up.

This is most disconcerting for the likes of me, who has no asp or server side knowledge when something does not do what I expect, I assume I have made a mistake.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Regards,
Frank

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 08 2006 :  08:28:02  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Frank,

Not sure what is going wrong here but if you post this in our support help desk our support team can look into this for you.
https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk/

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - October 08 2006 :  13:27:34  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a browser or ISP cache problem to me.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 04 2006 :  14:33:29  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
whenever you change the name or location of the database, you should always change the xshopid value in shop$config.asp, then that'll force it to pick-up the new value.
eg just add "001" or "002" etc to the end of the xshopid value; eg increment it by 1 each time you change the database location/file.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)