Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Extra Fields for Meta Tags
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - September 29 2006 :  05:16:27  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know that since V 6 it's possible to build dynamic Meta tags using fields such as Descrption, catmemo etc.

I think it would be good idea if there were seperate Meta Tag fields for each category and product item. Sometimes when using the exitsing fields you need to use phrasse that when optimised, don't read too well on the displayed screen.

I've started using other fields in the category and products table for the TITLE, DESCRPTION AND KEYWORDS tags (ok there is a keyword filed for products but not categories).

Ive also changed shopheaders.asp to dynmaically build the correct meta tags.

However, I think it would be benficial if we had this as as an integral part of future releases.

regards,

jim mccann

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 05 2006 :  21:34:17  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the feedback - we will certainly be looking to even further improve features such as this in future releases of the software.

There is however no reason you can't add your own fields to the products, content, and categories tables and modify shopheaders.asp so that it pulls out the correct info - as per the forum posting:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5857

Thank you

Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00