Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Affiliates Program - #2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carroll
Starting Member

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - September 28 2006 :  12:33:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I show the Affiliate in the Email that is sent to the customer or to the person who receives the order?

It does show the Affiliate Number and Name information on the shopcustomer.asp page when it's processing but it does not Email this information with the order... is there away this can happen?

Edited by - Carroll on September 28 2006 12:41:58

Carroll
Starting Member

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - September 28 2006 :  20:01:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've figured out how to get the Email to carry some of the Affiliate information (oaffid) from the orders Table. What I've done is turn on email templates and edited the tmp_customeremail.txt and tmp_merchantemail.txt files and added -

Affiliate Number:
$[oaffid]

at the end of each. The information that I would like it to pull up is from the affiliates Table under the referralid, which is the actual ID of the Referring web site in this case.

Is it also possible somehow to get it to Pull up the referralid from the affiliates Table when sending this Email information to the Merchant? I did try to $[referralid] but it would not pull the information from the affiliate table, I kept getting an error.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 28 2006 :  20:13:28  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
on the order emails, you can only use order columns by default (plus some others with special template fields).

to do what you're after, you'd need to create a new template-field which would go off to the affiliate table for the order's affiliateid and pick up the relevant info.

what you might find useful is our extra-template-fields addon, because that comes with an example which pulls-out the category-description for a given category id as an example, you can then hack that example about to use the affiliates table instead:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=42

note that our extra-template-fields addon (BYZ033) also comes as a freebie on our template-field related addons, so if you also have a look at all the addons in our "template-field related" section:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/softwareversions.asp#BYZ034S
then you might find something else which you'd find useful which'd give you the example/template-fields-addon as part of it.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Carroll
Starting Member

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - September 28 2006 :  20:45:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this something more that has to be purchased? All I'm looking for is that the Affiliate Reffering web site ID be carried with the email that's it.

Are you sure this is not part of the OptionPack considering it has to do with the Affiliates Program and that's the whole point in getting the Extra Option Pack for the $165 US. I'm pretty sure it should not cost extra to get this to work...
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 28 2006 :  23:57:22  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Carroll,

By default all that is pulled into the order record is the affiliate ID. This is referenced in the system in the affiliate section for reports and calculating commission.

You would need to do some custom code to pull in the affiliate name as well into the order record or talk to Simon about how his add-on may assist.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 29 2006 :  01:11:47  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you bought the template-fields addon (or another addon which had it included), I'd be happy to code-up the files/functions for you which'd pull out the referralid for free, so the only cost would be the addon itself; you wouldn't need to pay anyone to tweak the files for you.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on September 29 2006 01:12:02
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000