Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Products Not Showing in Category
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pelicanPaul
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - September 28 2006 :  00:37:14  Show Profile  Visit pelicanPaul's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Products not showing up when I drill down to category level.
I get "No products match your search." even though I see the url days
shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=22&cat=Fitness in the url and there are products assigned to id=22 category...

Ideas?

Anyone run into this?

I did do a bulk insert of over 300 products which I got to work. No I must assign products.

Paul

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - September 28 2006 :  07:17:59  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After a bulk import like that you need to run a simple little tool that ties the products to the categories properly if these are all new products in your db. This only needs to be done when you bulk upload new products.

If you followed the security steps in the beginning, then you'll have to temporarily re-upload this file, convertproducts.asp. Then just launch that file from your site and run it. From what I understand it goes through the products table using the range you specified (default is pretty wide and should cover you fine) and reads the categoryID you listed with each product and then populates the "prodcategories" table.

If you want a better description or details, there is a page on this in the online help somewhere. That's how I learned this procedure a few months back.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00