Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 adding a checkbox
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pokornyb
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - September 27 2006 :  11:36:39  Show Profile  Visit pokornyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would like to add a checkbox field to the customer's check out. THis field would be part of the order.

The checkbox would ask "Please send samples"

Im new to this software, any help would be wonderful

Brian
[email protected]

BP

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 28 2006 :  23:57:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can create a "Please send samples" checkbox, to be associated with a customer's record, by using 'xcustomerotherbypass'.

See this help note for more detail:
https://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=21#148

First, you must MANUALLY insert a new field into the customer table. VP-ASP cannot do this for you.
We have called our new field "samplereq".

To add a checkbox called "samplereq" to the customer form.
Set the following in the Shop Configuration:

'Xcustomerotherfields' samplereq
'Xcustomerothercaptions' Please send samples
'Xcustomerotherbypass' samplereq

Now edit shopcustomerform.asp and MANUALLY place your own checkbox into the file:

The following example code shows this. Locate the following lines in shopcustomerform.asp -

AddOtherFields
AddPassword

Beneath them, insert the following code to 'add a checkbox':
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
'checkbox for "send samples" selection
Response.write tablerow & tablecolumn
Response.write "Please send samples " & TablecolumnEnd
Response.write tablecolumn
%>
<input type=checkbox name=samplereq value=True ><%
Response.write tablecolumnend & tableRowend
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you want this field to also be kept in the orders table, MANUALLY insert a new field into the orders table as well, and set Admin Set-Up 'xcustomerotherfieldsinorder' to YES.

You can see the new field, in the Unprocessed orders page, when you Edit that individual order.
Go to Top of Page

pokornyb
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - October 30 2006 :  18:44:46  Show Profile  Visit pokornyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been working on this for hours and can not get it to save the answer into the database.

I went with a checkbox and created the firlds in the database using MS-Access. I set field format to Yes/No. I followed all other steps but nothing shows in the database.

BP
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 30 2006 :  20:16:54  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Brian,

There was a slight spelling error in the code provided. If you have created a new field in your table called "samplereq" then you should also have this exact value in Xcustomerotherfields and Xcustomerotherbypass.

I have fixed the above code so that it displays the correct information.

If you still have issues, please log a ticket to our support helpdesk at https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

Thank you.

Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

pokornyb
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - October 30 2006 :  20:23:07  Show Profile  Visit pokornyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did take the spelling mistakes into consideration. I did chnage them

I still cant get it to work. Is their anything I can send you to help me troubleshoot?

Tahnks for all your help
Brian

BP
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 30 2006 :  20:30:39  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We'll need to take a look at your actual site setup to see why this may not be functioning correctly.

Please log this into our helpdesk and provide us with your FTP and site details by entering them into the "Your Website Information" section in the help desk.

Thank you.

Regards,
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT

Go to Top of Page

pokornyb
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - October 31 2006 :  17:29:33  Show Profile  Visit pokornyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I set you my ftp and admin info. Any help would be appreciated.

BP
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 31 2006 :  20:12:35  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Brian,

We have replied to your email - we will need to assist you with this through the helpdesk.

Thank you.

Regards,
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

pokornyb
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - November 01 2006 :  07:00:59  Show Profile  Visit pokornyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike

I sent an email with my info to the support email addrss. I am not sure how to get into the ticket system.

BP
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 01 2006 :  15:40:01  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Brian,

We did respond to your email yesterday - I have just resent our reply to the address listed above in your first forum post.

Thank you.

Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

faolie
VP-CART New User

98 Posts

Posted - June 14 2008 :  16:26:20  Show Profile  Visit faolie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tried this, works great, except that the new fields don't show up on the order edit as stated in the instructions. What else do I have to do or are only certain fields displayed?

thanks

David Heriot
Go to Top of Page

faolie
VP-CART New User

98 Posts

Posted - June 15 2008 :  05:30:31  Show Profile  Visit faolie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, is there - hadn't added orders table.

DH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00