Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Text on order pages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ixtee
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - September 24 2006 :  09:04:02  Show Profile  Visit ixtee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Been a bit of struggle, but nearly there with our shop. I do have a query about how to change the text in the checkout and order pages. It has default text at the top, "If shipping to a location other than your customer address, please fill in all fields." I want to edit this, as we've turned off the separate billing/shipping address form.

On the order page it has similar 'default' text saying orders can be paid by 'credit card or check'. Again, I want to edit this. I can't where to do this anywhere. Any help welcome!

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - September 24 2006 :  19:10:20  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You'll be happy to know how easy this. VP-ASP uses tons of variables throughout the site defined with text stored in the database. So all you need to do is edit the value of the variable in question. To do this . . .

Log into your Admin Console, go to the Occassional tab, then International section. Click on Edit Languages.

To find what you are looking for, do a search on the "caption" using either contains or equals the text you see on the page you want to edit. Once you find it, simply click on the Edit icon and change it.

IMPORTANT: Any time you edit the language files, you need to reload them. Another easy task. Back in the Internation section, click on Reset Language. Select your language and hit continue. Done.

If you have your shop open while doing this, you should be able to just refresh the page to see the changes.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

hpride
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - June 04 2009 :  20:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eric

I'm hoping you can also help with a similar problem. I've recently just edited the caption Customer Information, and after resetting the language, the Customer Information that is in the white section for the customer details, has been copied in big letters above the login boxes at the top of the screen.

Any idea on how to get rid of that besides reverting back to the default caption?

Anthony
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00