Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 GST
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rockjam
Starting Member

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - September 20 2006 :  07:11:21  Show Profile  Visit rockjam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't figure out how to get the GST to work, for those not Canadian the GST is the goods and services tax levied in all of Canada, so we have a provincial tax and a country tax. Some provinces such as Alberta don't have provincial tax so I set up the provincial tax o.k. but I can't figure out how to do the GST so that it shows us seperately from the provincial tax.

Is the best way to do it is not to have it seperate and just set up a total tax for each province?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 20 2006 :  07:18:01  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

We have a Canadian tax add-on that may assist in part for what you need.

It is not a complete solution due to the complexity of Canadian tax requirments but it does allow for certian tax scenarios.

You can download the add-on from:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/addons600.asp

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Paul Cormack
Starting Member

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - September 22 2006 :  07:20:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Rockjam,

I use the plugin suggested above by Cam. To be honest I wish it was a little more elegant in the way it functions. I do not have the programming skills to make it act differently than it does. Basically it gives you a total of the tax charged here in Canada based on what Province you are doing business in and what Province you customer is ordering from. For example I live in Ontario so if someone orders from this province they are charged both the GST and the PST however if someone orders from Aberta then only the GST is added. The biggest problem is that this software tool does not list the two tax items seperatly, both are bundled togehter as one tax charge. Makes things a wee it difficult when it comes to filing the two different tax returns. If you come up with a solution or here of one I'd be all ears. Hope all is well.

paulc - toronto
Go to Top of Page

rockjam
Starting Member

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - September 22 2006 :  13:07:33  Show Profile  Visit rockjam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your right Paul it is a very basic tax solution and it will have to do for now until I can learn a little more about this. I had a hard time trying to get it to work until I finally figured out it was trying to access an sql database to check for tax exemptions, I just noted all that out and it seems to be working but it would be nice to have the taxes seperate, I have used other programs where you just enter the name of the tax, the percentage and the province or country. You would think this would be a simple thing to set up.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00