Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 VP ASP Offline Manual
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robarsalon
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - September 13 2006 :  22:54:25  Show Profile  Visit robarsalon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi people,

I got tired of going online everytime to check the manual, so I made one into CHM (windows compiled help file). Current as of Sept. 14 2006.
Download and enjoy:

Link 1

alternative link

Source - vpasp.com online help
Copyright - vpasp.com

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 13 2006 :  23:23:06  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

That is fantastic!!

Thank you for posting this link. I am sure everyone will find it a great help.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - September 14 2006 :  01:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simply put- that's amazing.
Did you do it with some software?
Go to Top of Page

robarsalon
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - September 14 2006 :  15:09:38  Show Profile  Visit robarsalon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Did you do it with some software?

I used WinCHM to compile. It was a lot of work.

What I'd really like to do is make a visual guide that explains all parts and modules corresponding to their inner workings, as they can be very confusing and have to be looked for thru all the scripts.
Go to Top of Page

patrickong
VP-CART New User

Singapore
58 Posts

Posted - October 10 2006 :  22:44:36  Show Profile  Visit patrickong's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi robarsalon,

Can we edit the compiled file using WinCHM or do we need the source file before we can do it?

Can you (if you permitting) let us have the source file so that we can make improvements to it?
Go to Top of Page

robarsalon
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - October 10 2006 :  23:06:47  Show Profile  Visit robarsalon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi patrickong, I have deleted the source files. Try requesting it from vpasp support, as they have a copy.
Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - October 17 2006 :  03:56:09  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're a gem for posting this. Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

vodka
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - October 18 2006 :  18:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do we load and use it?
Go to Top of Page

robarsalon
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - October 18 2006 :  18:26:16  Show Profile  Visit robarsalon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vodka

How do we load and use it?

Download and unzip it.
Go to Top of Page

vodka
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - October 19 2006 :  15:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ummm sure. And I click on it and the first page "starting off" says ACTION CANCELLED -Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

Clicking on any of the other pages just produces and empty window.
Go to Top of Page

seeker1
VP-CART New User

Australia
114 Posts

Posted - October 19 2006 :  15:46:26  Show Profile  Visit seeker1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a complete Guide to the VP-ASP Shopping Cart in PDF format with extensive examples. A totally different format than the online information.

www.hkprog.com/guide
Go to Top of Page

vodka
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - October 20 2006 :  09:24:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I already have that product. It's pretty good. This one is in Windows HELP format .chm and it's not running correctly on either of my workstations.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 20 2006 :  13:12:57  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use that hk pdf format guide too; it's very useful/detailed; I always go straight to it whenever I want to do things like discounts, features, coupons, templates, or anything else which isn't immediately obvious; every time I read a section I seem to learn something new.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

vodka
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - October 22 2006 :  19:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896358

If others are having problems with .chm type files....security...we all need it!
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - October 22 2006 :  19:57:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting that. i wonder why not work with my machine too. I will try work aroundand see if works.

Thanks Robar for makiing this too!

Scoota
Go to Top of Page

Jyoti
Starting Member

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - November 01 2006 :  01:35:51  Show Profile  Visit Jyoti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aftre having trouble accessing the file, I managed to open it by going to its properties (right clicking on the file) and unblocking it, which XP seemed to block by default. Hope this is useful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00