General help me questions
 paypal not completing with this erro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VP-ASP Super User

302 Posts

Posted - September 13 2006 :  12:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should likely go to helpdesk with this one but thought i would ask while I am here in the forum ... does any one recognise this error.

Paypal payments have been partly failing for about a week now for no apparent reason. In orders screen in back admin , the payment is shown as complete , and the standard email from paypal showing payment arrives fine , the bit thats failing is the sending of the HTML merchant email and the customer is receiving a error message screen as follows .

Click here to print your order

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

/shopthankslinks.asp, line 170

ANy Pointers appreciated

United Kingdom
1898 Posts

Posted - September 13 2006 :  13:09:14  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
most likely due to a dropped session; it usually happens if someone lands on your site as "blah.com" and then your paypal return url goes to "www.blah.com" (or vice-versa)

if that's the case, our domain tool might help avoid that problem (it avoids it for us; it's saved us 100's of dropped carts/payments in the past) -

Simon Barnaby
[email protected]
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - September 13 2006 :  18:09:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If it's failing when trying to send the emails, could it be that in the template you are trying to send you have a field listed that isn't in the database?

That error means that you are trying to call something from a field in the database that doesn't exist.

I hope that helps...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000