Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Search Words shopexd.asp Hackers??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gupster
VP-CART New User

101 Posts

Posted - September 10 2006 :  11:00:02  Show Profile  Visit gupster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just been checking my site visit stats and one of the search phrases used to find my site was "shopexd.asp" is this hackers trying to find sites??? As i know they used to search for shopadmin.asp if you didnt rename it.

Im a bit worried now ive seen that.

Cheers,

www.reactionclubwear.co.uk
www.reactionclothing.co.uk
www.reactionlingerie.co.uk
www.reactionvision.co.uk

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 10 2006 :  11:09:30  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd like to go into detail for the purposes of all you real merchants/developers out there, but wouldn't want to because hackers'll be using the forum to gather more understanding of things too.
the answer to your question is yes, although it's not exclusively hackers; it might also be someone trying to gather/create a spam mail-list of vpasp users.
as long as vpasp security advice is followed and you keep patches up to date you'll be ok.
the main thing is a secondary admin pwd; that'll stop 99% of them being able to get in even if the other patches aren't applied.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

gupster
VP-CART New User

101 Posts

Posted - September 10 2006 :  13:33:51  Show Profile  Visit gupster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK thanks very much for that simon

www.reactionclubwear.co.uk
www.reactionclothing.co.uk
www.reactionlingerie.co.uk
www.reactionvision.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)