Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 product weight in shopping cart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mansoor
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - August 31 2006 :  14:04:40  Show Profile  Visit mansoor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How can i include Weight of the products in the Shopping Cart?

dandlyin
VP-CART New User

USA
73 Posts

Posted - September 01 2006 :  08:46:04  Show Profile  Visit dandlyin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I assume you are in the US and use Postal Service and/or UPS as shipping methods. The total order weight is not displayed until you reach the appropriate screen for whatever shipping method the customer chooses. Individual product weights are not shown. Furthermore, UPS and the Postal Service require weight values in different forms. UPS uses decimal pounds while the Postal Service requires 2 fields, pounds and ounces, both of which must be integers. The VPASP product field 'Weight' is used for pounds and the Postal Service script suggests using 'pother4' for ounces.
The configuration item 'xcartfields' contains a list of the product fields you want to include in the cart description. Example: ccode,cname. However, the raw contents of those fields are merely displayed with a line break between them. You could add weight to the list in xcartfields but it will not be preceded by a label, which is not very helpful. The display for the items ccode,cname,weight might normally look like this:
Little Brown Jug

Keep in mind that anything shown in the basket will also be included in invoices and e-mails.
If you want to change the way the fields are displayed, you will need to customize the current scripts but it should not be particularly difficult. You might consider posting this to VPASP as a support request for customization.
I hope this helps you.
Dan Dotson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00