Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Possible email bug
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ThinkJumbo
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - August 18 2006 :  04:35:40  Show Profile  Visit ThinkJumbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have recently launched a clients website (see link below) using VPASP Value Pac. Whilst whenever I put through an order I get a the relevant confirmation email and so does the client. The client has reported orders coming through with just the paypal emails and nothing else. Could this be a bug and does this sound like a problem anyone else has experienced?

www.kiddieskitchen.co.uk

Many Thanks

k-otic
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - August 18 2006 :  21:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey - think this just happens when the customer doesn't click to return to your shopping cart from paypal.

if they dont come back to your website then u only get the paypal confirmation
Go to Top of Page

ThinkJumbo
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - August 19 2006 :  04:25:34  Show Profile  Visit ThinkJumbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So would the customer still get their confirmation email if that happened?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 19 2006 :  22:03:36  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They will receive the email from PayPal but not from VP-ASP. The order information will not be updated in the VP-ASP admin either if they do not return to the cart.

We suggest you use the PayPal IPN system instead as this will at least update the order in the background even if the customer does not click return to cart at the end of the order.

You can download this from:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/epdownload.asp

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)