Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 I Agree to terms and conditons checkbox
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cjindustries
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - August 17 2006 :  18:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to add text saying "I Agree To Terms And Conditions Below" and then a checkbix, if the dont check the check box a message pops up that says "Please Indicate That You Have Read And Agreed The Terms And Conditions Before Placing An Order" If they check it then the order will process. Im supprised no one esle is asking for this

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - August 17 2006 :  19:02:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,

use xlicenseagreement to yes and a licence shows up with check box.

This show up on cusotmer page.

S.
Go to Top of Page

cjindustries
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - August 17 2006 :  19:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks That Helps Out alot, now I need to figure out how to change it to Terms and conditions instead of license, and i need the terms and condtions to be on the same page as checkout(this is required by visa and mastercard) if possible
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - August 18 2006 :  00:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can change the words in admin. There lots of words to change by changing fields in admin.

Look at:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=42

I don't no how to make licence show though. Sorry. Someone else maybe?

S.
Go to Top of Page

robmac
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - November 07 2006 :  03:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This really needs to be fixed in VPASP not by custom development.
I am based in the UK and because I don't have the "I Agree to the Terms & Conditions" checkbox on the order/checkout pages I am now subject to a chargeback from Mastercard for several hundred pounds as the customer who ordered and received the products was succesfully able to argue that he had not agreed to them.

Searching the forums people have been asking about this since 2002 and raising it as a missing feature time after time in either product comparions or wish lists for new versions !!
That is 4 years now - come on VPASP this now needs addressing as there are legal and financial implications for your customers as a result of this missing feature.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 07 2006 :  04:43:38  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you have been hit with the chargeback. Do you have the licence setting turned on?

We are in the process of developing a new version so we will look at making the terms and conditions appear on the shopcustomer page itself in a scrollable box as well instead of being a link which may make things clearer.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

robmac
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - February 26 2007 :  12:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am temporarily using the Licencing feature to achieve this but it creates two issues.
1) I cannot now use the licencing feature for what it was intended which I do need to use.
2) It creates the record in the order not the customer records

Can we assume that this is included in the 6.50 release ?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 26 2007 :  23:49:30  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in the new version about to be released the Terms & Conditions box is now displayed on the customer page itself rather than as a link to go off to a new page, it has a check box at the bottom which must be selected before the customer can proceed, and the order is marked that the customer has in fact read and checked this box for your records.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

robmac
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - February 27 2007 :  08:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,

To comply with Visa and Mastercard chargeback protection rules this needs to be on the order checkout page.
Go to Top of Page

robmac
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - February 27 2007 :  12:23:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To clarify, the requirement is not that the customer agrees to the terms and conditions but that they agree on a per order basis (and it must not be defaulted on).

I don't see the need/benefit to store this in the database as long as the code requires that the check box is checked before the customer can complete the checkout process
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 01 2007 :  01:20:39  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Rob,

We will be creating a help note on how to add this to your check out page once the new version is released.

It will be a fairly simple change so the help note will have step by step instructions on how to do this.

Hope this what you are after.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

legends
Starting Member

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - February 26 2008 :  00:15:08  Show Profile  Visit legends's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by support

Hi Rob,

We will be creating a help note on how to add this to your check out page once the new version is released.

It will be a fairly simple change so the help note will have step by step instructions on how to do this.

Cam:

Was this done? If so, perhaps you can direct me to where I activate this feature.

Many thanks....Paul
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - February 26 2008 :  10:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mmmm, interesting?

I was under the impression that it could be anywhere in the checkout process not just the payment page? If you used a third party processor you wouldn't be able to add the terms to thier page.

Regards,

Mark
Fireworks UK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00