Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 What Pac do i need
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

albertramsbottom3
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - August 17 2006 :  03:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am setting up an ecommerce site and was wondering what pac i needed. Basically i have it installed but it doesnt have an image upload facility. this is need.

Also and more importantly, can i customise the free version that i have and then intergrate the purchased version with it.

i really need to actually build this site to see if i can customise it completly before i pay for it.

Cheers

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 18 2006 :  19:56:26  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

All versions allow the use of images. For the Starter and Value Pac though you do need to upload the images using an external FTP program and typing the image path into the relevant field.

With the Plus! Pac and the Deluxe Pac however you can upload your product, category and content images from within the admin itself.

There is also an add-on available for ASPJpeg that allows you to modify the image during the upload process to speed up the process even more!

To see what packages offer what features have a look at:
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspcompareversions.htm

If you have any specific questions about a particular feature you can email us at http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp and our team will be happy to help out.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

albertramsbottom3
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - August 22 2006 :  02:20:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi

Yes and thanks for the reply. But i have already strated to customise the basic Pac. Can i intergrate the plus Pac with this or will i have to start the customisation again.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 22 2006 :  04:53:07  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

You can use your existing templates and the stylesheets from the free with the full versions.

You can also bring across your database as well so if you have started making changes or adding products you will be able to retain them without any problems.

The ASP pages besides shop$config.asp and shop$colors.asp will need to be replaced though as the full versions have a great deal more functionality than the free.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00