Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Auto calculation of selling prices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - August 10 2006 :  03:49:37  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there any way I can input my cost price for a product and get VPASP to calculate the selling price based on a specified markup percentage?

I would then like the reporting to show these total sales figures and Gross Profit on a weekly basis.

Is this possible with VPASP?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 10 2006 :  22:48:12  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jim,

This is not available in the current release but if you would like to detail how you see it working we would be happy to include it in the possible feature list for version 6.5.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Radioman
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - August 11 2006 :  08:48:07  Show Profile  Visit Radioman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see this working the other way.

We're a wholesaler and give set discounts from retail prices for our different types of trade customers.

I would like to see a table that cross reference the customer type, with the product category and allowed an associated discount to be set.

Dale
Go to Top of Page

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - August 11 2006 :  09:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Radioman / jmccann,

Radioman,

I think what your after is already in the system.

Have a look at http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=40#775 it might be the area you need.

jmccann,

I would like to see this one too, I have a few customers who this would work well for and mimic there accounting package.

What about an extra field in the customer special prices table, that indicates if it's a discount or a markup percentage. Then a set field in product stores the price, say one of the pother fields.

Then when it is all selected in the sql query, it forks of in the subs to a new sub / function that works out a mark up based on potherX as cost and comes back with the anwser.

You would need to think about taxes and probably there would be a rounding situation to take care of also.

Food for thought perhaps?

rustytec
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00