Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 bulk import tool error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

schitz011
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - August 03 2006 :  04:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to run a bulk import for my products and whereas in the past this operation has run smoothly, now I'm getting problems.

I exported the products list and it's as it should be, I've changed the values I needed, all within acceptable parameters. Now if I try to import the csv file it times out, and if I upload it via FTP and try to run the import using that uploaded file it gives a 'File Name is a required field.' error once all the details are automatically imported to the followinig fields in the bulk import utility page

Bulk Import

File Name static/products.csv
Table name products
match field ccode
Delimiter ,
Display yes

If I try and submit that it returns the error.. anyone got any ideas?
It's worked perfectly in the past, with the same product csv file, now it's not happy... :(

schitz011
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - August 07 2006 :  02:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update to the above...

Seems that there is a size limit to the CSV file.. when I split the file up into smaller 'bites' it worked 100%..

So, how does one work around this size limit? It's fine for now, but in the future I don't really want to have to upload 8 different files to perfom one update.. not all fields are equal btw so I con't just run an SQL quiery and change them that way.. :(
Go to Top of Page

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - August 07 2006 :  23:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are on a Windows 2003 server, there is a size limit to the file you can upload- I think it's only about 200KB? So you can either tell your web host to lift the limit, or upload the CSV via FTP then just skip the "Upload" stage of the bulk import.
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - September 05 2006 :  18:27:28  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just to add some sizes to this for anyone else, I've got a current client where I've successfully FTPed a file about 350KB and then used the import exactly as described above with no problems. I've done this numerous times during testing, no problems. That CSV file had about 3,400 products using about 8-10 fields.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00