Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Ebay Integration and Projects Questions.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jaimerod
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - June 22 2006 :  16:48:27  Show Profile  Visit jaimerod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm currently looking for a way to integrate ebay into our shopping cart. I can't seem to find a decent solution.

I found some forums that talk about it.
http://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14171

and I even found someone who made one for ECT Shopping cart
http://www.cquesttechnologies.com/mods/products.asp?pg=2

I was wondering if anyone found any solution to this problem. I've also been hearing about projects on vpasp... what version do you have to purchase to get the projects feature. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how I can integrate ebay onto my site?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

jaimerod
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - June 23 2006 :  18:10:23  Show Profile  Visit jaimerod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got the ebay API and am in the process of integrating it into VPASP. If anybody is interested post a reply to this and I'll try to develop something generic.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 25 2006 :  19:14:37  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jaimerod,

Projects are avilable in the Plus! Pac and the Deluxe.

We are looking at developing an Ebay solution as well but have been caught up wityh other projects so if you do develop an interfce we would be happy to add it to our VP-ASP Bolt Ons page for you.
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpasp_bolt_ons.asp

Big Yellow Zone have also developed an Ebay module as well I believe.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 26 2006 :  05:07:11  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yep; we've developed an Ebay turbo-listing feed, which works along the same kind of lines as our other feeds (froogle/yahoo/shopping.com).

we'll be releasing it today (26th-jun-2006), and I think we'll also be creating a new feed-mega-bundle which has all 4 feeds in it.

I'll post again here when it's ready for purchase.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

jaimerod
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - June 26 2006 :  16:46:47  Show Profile  Visit jaimerod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lol. Thanks. I already went though the hassle of doing a custom one using ebays API and shopaddtocartnodb.asp It seems to work really well. You just add a couple of lines of code like this to your listing.

<form method="post" action="http://???.com/ebayapi/ebay.asp" name="ezkform">
<input type="hidden" name="CatelogID" value="130">
<input type="hidden" name="ItemNumber" value="">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Winner Click Here">
</form>

<script language="javascript">
<!--
var Itemnum;
Itemnum = document.forms[2].item.value;
ezkform.ItemNumber.value = Itemnum;
//-->
</script>

then my asp page gets the selling price and the title and gets the weight based on the catelog id and adds it to a cart and lets the customer continue shopping.

Once I get my site up and running fully I'll give you guys a link.
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - September 13 2006 :  12:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big YELLOW ZONE .......
Cant see any additions to your website with this as a product ... so i am still waitng around on someone doing something i can use .

Maybe i could use the code in above post , but at the moment i couldnt do anything with it as I dont fully understand it.

I beleive the above code would need to be manually adjusted for each product then inserted into ebay ? yes ?

Surely you guys at BYZ could recode google base ( formally froogle ) to automatically create some html for each product that could be pasted across

Awaiting anybodys news on Ebay integration

PAUL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00