Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Affiliate name instead of number?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - June 21 2006 :  06:26:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I need to do the following to my cart, but im not sure how to go about it, can anyone make some suggestions.

Im looking to set up affiliates, but want to reference them by name instead of number.

ie. on the home page, cart page etc, you type in the affiliate name, [JOE BLOGS] this will then track the sales for that affiliate. BUT also give the user who typed in [JOE BLOGS] a discount or free goods to the value of etc.

The reason being is that i want affiliates to be able to give out cards offline so it wont be possible to 'link' to the site.

Any ideas people?

Regards,

Mark

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 21 2006 :  07:31:05  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark,

In version 6 it is possible now to associate a promotional coupon with an affiliate so if someone uses a coupon the affiliate will have the order associated with their id.

The following faq has more info on this:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=56#630

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - June 21 2006 :  08:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,

Thats great, sounds like just what i need!

Is there anyway to add a field on other pages where people can add their coupon code and see the discounts in the product price?

Regards,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 21 2006 :  19:58:21  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark,

You can only view the coupon discount on the create order page which is after the customer information page by default.

Another alternative may be to do something we helped another customer with.

They set up their site to use customer based pricing.

They then provided each customer with a word to use on the sign up page which was added to thier customer record.

Once logged in they could then see the discounts associated with that customer discount.

You would need to modify the customer sign up pages so the customer pricing field displayed so the name could be entered for this to work.

The following page provides information on how to set up customer based pricing:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=40&cat=Customer+Based+Pricing

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00