Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Affiliate Header Problems - NEED HELP PLEASE!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bagman74
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - June 20 2006 :  18:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in a bind. I can't make the affiliate headers work and a client needs it asap. Below are the instructions that I followed straight from the Online Help Notes and are the same for the manual that I purchased from Howard. I first thought it was because I was using a skin that I purchased from website-flash-templates, so I set up a test site without the header. This did not work. Then, I removed any of the dynamic fields that I was using from the title and meta description. Now, I am stuck on the general VPASP template shoppage_header.htm where the link for a person to log in or register.

Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mark

Affiliate Headers

When affiliates link to your site they would normally see your normal shoppage_hader.htm and shoppage_trailer.htm. By using the configuration option below, VP-ASP tries to display affiliate specific headers in the form

Affxxx_header.htm an affxxx_trailer.htm

xaffheaders
Yes, VP-ASP attempts to display headers and footers specific to the affiliate

The facility uses in processing headers in an ASP 3.0 Windows facility called execute. This means that this facility will not work properly on old ASP systems such as Windows 95 or 98 which only has ASP 2.0. Because these files are ASP "executed" they need to either be plain HTML or if they use ASP in any way, they should have an include for shop$db.asp.

Examples are shown below for aff1_header.htm

html>
head>
title>VP-ASP Shopping Cart aff1/title>
link rel="stylesheet" href="shop.css" type="text/css">
meta NAME="description" content="A comprehensive ASP only shopping cart solution for use in business and web development.">
/head>
body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
div align="center">
!-- Start: Main display-->
center>

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 21 2006 :  20:34:08  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Mark,

Are you using VPASP 6.08? We have just set this up using VPASP 6.08 and not experienced any issues. Please ensure that you have attended to the following points:

1. In your administration Set-Up, change xaffheaders to Yes

2. Ensure that you have an affiliate set up in your shop administration pages.

3. Create Affxxx_header.htm and affxxx_trailer.htm - where xxx corresponds to your affiliate id.

4. Access your site through the affiliate url extension - http://www.yoururlgoeshere.com/shopaff.asp?affid=nnn where nnn is your affiliate id.

For more information regarding affiliates please refer to:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=53

You should also make sure that you have not created your aff1_header.htm file using the exact code as you posted. This code is missing the opening bracket < for each line of code. The actual code should read:

<html>
<head>
<title>VP-ASP Shopping Cart aff1</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="shop.css" type="text/css">
<meta NAME="description" content="A comprehensive ASP only shopping cart solution for use in business and web development.">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
<div align="center">
<!-- Start: Main display-->
<center>

If you still experience difficulties in setting this up, please log a ticket to our help desk at https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk where our dedicated support team will be able to deal directly with your issue.

Thank you

Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

dreamcatchers
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - July 15 2007 :  11:55:58  Show Profile  Visit dreamcatchers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am experiencing the same issues. I have found virtual no mention of issues with this in forums or on the web.

When I use the generic code suggested from the documentation the following are the results:

1) Extremely long page load time
2) Logo in Header is repeated twice
3) footer end in error message:
"Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
Script timed out /dci/default.asp "

I tried using the shoppage_header and renaming it to affxxx_header.asp and then changing the logo image to my affiliate. I get the page to show with dynamic features working however it take a long time to load and ends with the same error message as above.

Either I am missing something that everyone else gets or no one is actually using specific affiliate headers.

I have confirmed that my Hosting provider is using ASP V 3.0

Any suggestions?

Ramon Smitherman
Go to Top of Page

candude
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - February 06 2008 :  11:09:23  Show Profile  Visit candude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yup does not work for me too... any way of solving it? thanks!

-----------------------
Working with VP-ASP for over 8 years: Installation & Customization
Get your free quote here: http://www.kovasys.com/ContactUs/tabid/66/Default.aspx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00