Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 SEO & VPASP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - May 18 2006 :  04:58:03  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I posted thi sunder Genearl Questions and haven'yt had anty replies, so I'll try here!!

One thing I find slightly lacking is documentation on advising how to optimise VPASP for Search Engines.

Is there any documentation that would help me to optimise VPASP for SEO? Documentation specifically for VPASP, not generic SEO information.

For Example:
1) I notice that statically generated pages don't appear to have the Keywords Meta Tag generated. How can this be achieved?

2) Is it possible to mainatin Meta Tags using the inbult CMS?

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 18 2006 :  06:47:41  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know that this isn't really answering the question, but it's sort of relevant to anyone who's after seo related stuff for vpasp.....

we've developed an "asp-generator" which generates "static" asp files. Similar to vpasp's html-generator, but uses asps instead (so that dynamic stuff can be added) and it uses "asp-templates" instead of html-templates.

It creates relevantly named subdirectories for your categories and puts product detail and summary pages there with filenames that relate to the category/product etc, and all elements of each of those pages are tweakable via templates (ie including the meta-tags etc).

By default we've set the templates up so that the product detail pages mimic the normal output you'd get from "shopexd.asp" and the product summary pages mimic the normal output you'd get from "shopdisplayproducts.asp". But you can change any part of the templates to make it do whatever you want at each level/bit.

We've been experimenting with it for a few clients and it seems to work really well. It's extremely flexible/useful, and should boost people's seo rating a lot.

For it to work properly, people will also need a correct category tree and correct category/prodcategory data, so we're going to package the whole lot up with all our category related addons, and an installation service, and sell it as one big package.

I'd really like to give an example url, but for confidentiality/security reasons we can't do that at the moment. But we will, when we release the addon/package for sale, give a link for a demo area.

One of the benefits of having "static" asp files is that you can show things like the mini-cart on the "static" pages etc, and do all kinds of other dynamic stuff.

If anyone wants it, then make a posting here; the more posts that appear the quicker we'll finalise it and release it for sale!

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on May 18 2006 07:18:00
Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - May 18 2006 :  09:00:31  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you search the forums you will see we beat this one to death. There are many postsw on optimization.
Go to Top of Page

Piercebody
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - September 26 2006 :  21:44:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I may be your voluneteer to check this utility and I have been waiting for this utility for a long time back.

Please advice me the relase date and as I am a software engineer I can help you in what ever I can on this.

Please update me..

Thanks & Regards,
Matt.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 02 2006 :  04:20:55  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our newly released content management addon will be helpful here; as that'll let you create content pages with nice names and proper tags/titles at the press of a button:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=125

it's kind of like a general-contents version of our pending asp-generator addon.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on October 02 2006 04:21:19
Go to Top of Page

InkMagic
VP-CART New User

123 Posts

Posted - October 17 2006 :  14:39:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to be notified when your ASP Generator is available. Been looking for something like this for a long time.

Can't quite figure out what the other program does.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00