Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Product Reviews too short
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  01:33:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using vs. 6.08

For product reviews, a customer can type any length review i.e., there is no mention of text limitation.

In editing the review (deciding whether to allow it to be shown), I notice that only the first portion of the customer's review was recorded, the text entry was cut off.

I checked the table length, it is set for varchar(2000) in SQL 2005.

Any idea why the customer review is being chopped off after say, 50 - 75 characters?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  03:35:59  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Rvaga,

This is probably one we will need to investigate directly.

Are you able to post this in our help desk?

Thanks,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - May 12 2006 :  17:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cam.

Since no one else has indicated a problem, perhaps it is just something I've done (or need to do) on my test site. I'll wait until I'm further along with the test site, and will submit a ticket if I can't get it to work correctly.
Go to Top of Page

skyway
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - January 28 2009 :  18:01:58  Show Profile  Visit skyway's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was having the same problem and I just figured it out. If you put in a quotation mark in the review, then the review will be cut off from the point of the quotation mark. If you take out the quotation mark, then the review will print out in it's entirety. The problem is how to convey that idea to the customer. Or can you guys at VP-ASP fix this little problem?

Best regards,
Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00